As a contract recruitment agency, we quickly place professional contractors with niche skill sets across a diverse range of businesses. With strong relationships, market insight and a vast network, our specialist contract recruitment team supply contractors within IT, HR, finance and operations across all levels. Contact our contract recruitment team for help with your recruitment needs or job search, or apply for available contract jobs today.
Why work with us?
- As a contract recruitment agency, we have a database of candidates who are immediately available, with a wide range of skills and experience in the public and private sectors;
- We have been in the market for a long time and can demonstrate intimate market knowledge and understanding of business needs;
- Our consultants keep in regular contact with their candidates and are aware of trends in contract types and day rates, so they can provide up to date information;
- We are open about the process, managing expectations and identifying any risk involved;
- We proactively identify areas within a business where a temp, contractor or interim could add value;
- We are flexible about methods of engagement, including addressing areas such as contract notice periods;
- We demonstrate financial strength and the ability to pay interim workers.
- We have a seamless payroll processing and reporting system.
Why hire a contractor?
A contractor offers a flexible solution when a project arises that requires a specific skillset. Contractors are often paid a day rate for their services and can therefore be brought in on an ad hoc basis (often at short notice) to cover excess workloads or provide new skills as and when needed. If the employer feels that the contractor didn’t fit in with the company culture or ethos, there is no need to bring them back once the contract has ended. Many businesses use working with contractors as an opportunity to assess the suitability of a candidate before deciding to make a permanent hire.
Contractors bring a high level of skill and knowledge in their chosen field and can be brought in to assist permanent staff on specific projects. Contractors work on either a fixed term basis or on a rolling contract, allowing the employer to make use of a niche skillset without having to commit to hiring a full-time employee when it is not required.
Contractors are likely to have worked with many different companies on a range of diverse projects, allowing them to draw on a breadth of experience to tackle specific issues and processes. They can provide a unique perspective and a sense of creativity that existing employees may not possess.
- Additional benefits and perks that are available for permanent employees don’t extend to contractors, making a contractor hire more desirable in the short term
- Training costs are minimal, if non-existent, as contractors are being brought into a company purely to fulfil a specific requirement and will therefore not have to immerse themselves in learning company processes or systems
- Cost savings can be made on equipment as contractors typically use their own
- Reduced administration costs - there is no PAYE or National Insurance contributions administration for contractors
As self-employed individuals, contractors are often highly self-motivated to complete a job to a high standard to ensure they’re paid correctly and on time. They are also often reliant on word-of-mouth for business referrals and therefore conscious of meeting or exceeding expectations.
Contact our contract recruitment team for help with your recruitment needs or job search, or apply for available contract jobs today.