Our Client Quorn is a global company led by a clear purpose and ambition. By 2030, we will be a Net +positive business with 8 billion servings of our amazing Quorn & Cauldron products being consumed across the world.
At Quorn, we have a simple message, to create an inspiring range of irresistibly tasty meals which are not only great for you and your family, but for the planet and generations to come.
It is our collective differences that make Quorn special. Our heritage speaks to this, as pioneers of meat alternative products, we choose to embrace a different path which sets us apart.
We are committed to four core values which make us who we are. We are ‘Stronger Together’, we aim to ‘Make Lives Better’, we ‘ Think Big & Act With Courage’ and we ‘Strive To Be The Best’.
Nigel Wright's Supply Chain and Procurement Team are working with Quorn to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager - Ingredients.
Working within a dynamic, fast-paced, energetic larger Procurement function, you will be responsible for the strategic Procurement of a broad and complex Ingredients' Portfolio, supporting 3 Manufacturing Sites in Stokesley, Billingham and Norfolk. You will manage 2 Procurement Managers.
The role will accommodate minimum 2 days' office working in either Stokesley or Leeds, 3 days' remote-working.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Managing and mentoring a team of 2 Procurement Category Managers
- Managing/overseeing a vast and varied Ingredients portfolio, including but not limited to seasonings, oils, fats, coatings etc. .
- Developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to address cost inflation, increase leverage and ultimately improve commerciality
- Direct Procurement responsibility, key focus and hands on management of specific high value, critical commodities
- ‘Cradle to grave’ supply chain management i.e. from sourcing at concept stage with NPD through to supporting through to contract negotiation, full production and continuous supplier management/development
- Supporting R&D to source new materials, securing new Supply Chains
- Representing Procurement, building relationships with and supporting key stakeholders within multi-functional, diverse teams – Factories (Stokesley, Norfolk, Billingham), Supply Chain, Regulatory, Vendor Assurance, Technical, Future Foods, EPD and NPD
To thrive in this role you will have/be:
- Breadth of Ingredients’ Procurement experience, Food – essential
- Proven track record in developing, implementing commodity strategy, having delivered commercial gain/cost reductions/improved terms in challenging circumstances
- Supportive Line Manager and Mentor
- Excellent communicator, relationship builder – experienced in successfully championing Procurement, driving the Procurement agenda at Senior Management level
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills – resilient in managing current supply chain challenges
- Detailed, highly analytical, technically and commercially astute, forward-thinking
- Energetic, driven, dynamic, capable of developing and adopting new concepts/agility of approach
If you fulfil the above criteria and are attracted to join a highly successful global business in exciting times where you can play a key part in forging their future growth strategy, please get in contact for a confidential discussion and further details.Contact us if you are seeking other jobs in Yorkshire. We are always looking to help talented people accelerate their careers.