About Integrated Utility Services:
Integrated Utility Services (IUS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and is a high voltage electrical contracting business and a leading provider of power infrastructure. The Company undertakes high voltage design, procurement, commissioning, operation and maintenance of public and private utility networks throughout the UK. IUS supports a range of extremely high profile and market leading customers, with a core base in the North East and Yorkshire, a growing market in Scotland and the ability to support customers further afield. Head office is located in Wakefield, with additional sites in Teesside and Scotland and a satellite office in Dublin.
Nigel Wright Recruitment has been retained to lead the search for a Head of Commercial for IUS, sitting on the Company's leadership team and reporting into the Managing Director. The new hire could be based from either the Wakefield or Teesside IUS office.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be a fundamental part of the UKs drive towards net zero, whilst being central to developing, implementing and executing an innovative growth strategy for IUS.
- Holding overarching responsibility across the tendering, legal, procurement and commercial teams.
- Operating in a strategic leadership capacity, with operational and escalation involvement as required.
- Partnering with the finance function to create stretching financial objectives.
- Creating the culture for partnership working and taking personal ownership of nurturing strategic level relationships with partners.
- Facilitating the commercial function and related stakeholders to continuously review and improve systems and processes, in order to maximise efficiency, quality and business performance.
- Participating in contract negotiations and overseeing contracting processes to ensure successful commercial outcomes. Coaching and developing team members to take increasing levels of responsibility and accountability in these processes.
- Implementing risk mitigation measures across all commercial activities.
- Running an ongoing market and competitor research and analysis programme.
- Considering acquisition opportunities and making appropriate recommendations.
- Likely to have come through the quantity surveying academic and career route.
- A significant track record in a similar commercial leadership role.
- An entrepreneurial strategic mindset, with a natural inclination for innovation and driving growth.
- Extensive experience in the electrically biased tier 1 construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of procurement, T & C and claim negotiations.
- Proven success in tendering and winning a wide range of projects.
Nigel Wright Recruitment is the retained partner on this appointment and as such, any direct applicants or third party submitted CVs will be forwarded to Nigel Wright for consideration as part of our process.