Envision AESC is the world’s leading battery technology company and lithium-ion battery manufacturer. Headquartered in Japan, and with manufacturing facilities in the U.K, U.S and Japan, currently looking for dynamic, forward-thinking individuals with innovative ideas to join their Sunderland plant to help deliver current and future generation L-Ion Batteries into the rapidly expanding EV market place.
Their lithium-ion batteries can be found in more than 430,000 electric vehicles worldwide and have a superior safety record of zero-critical issues. Continuing to build upon these successes and expand into new markets and industries, producing innovative and competitive products and technologies that advance the goal of a zero-carbon emission future.
Envision AESC have joined forces with Nissan and Sunderland City Council as part of the "Nissan EV36Zero’ project that’ll see not only a new, fully electric car pumped out of the Wearside factory, but a whole battery gigafactory and solar farms to help it run cleanly.
As a result they are looking expand their team by appointment Quality Engineers to provide support with Suppliers, the new plant and new projects, involving:
• Project Quality activities – materials suppliers and in-house production process advanced quality planning
• Interpret Project requirements and manage trial and launch activities for suppliers and in-house facilities
• Material and Component Supplier activities – from RFQ to launch
• Work with technical staff locally and globally within Envision AESC
• Utilise problem solving tools & techniques including FMEAs, control plans and quality standards with good understanding / application of statistical methods
• Act as Quality Window person for external stakeholder such as Customer/Supplier
• Generate technical and management reports
• You will have a minimum of HNC and above in an engineering discipline
• Experience as a Quality Engineer and working with Suppliers either within a high-volume manufacturing environment or alternatively experience with bulk raw materials
• Ability to analyse, interpret and present data to make fact based decisions
• Experience of Supplier audit (preference towards IATF16949/VDA6.3) and Supplier introduction activities
• New Product Introduction experience and core tools (PPAP, APQP, MSA, FMEA, SPC)
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to work effectively within a team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the North East's highest profile manufacturing plants as they continue to invest extensively for the future, which can offer you scope for ongoing career development.