Nigel Wright are delighted to support the Advance Learning Partnership source their new Head of Finance in a fully centralised finance team. The ALP are a multi-academy trust who manage eleven schools in the region. The role will be based at the ALP Head Office Whitworth Park Academy.
Some key features of the role include:
- Submitting all financial returns, including budget forecasts and annual accounts.
- Producing monthly management accounts with analysis, and ensuring month end deadlines are met.
- Due diligence around financial reporting as mandated for multi academy trusts.
- Supporting the CFO in ICFP (Integrated Curriculum and Financial Planning) processes and ensuring fiscal sustainability of the schools.
- Developing risk management strategies.
- Line Management of Finance Manager and Management Accountant, leading a growing finance team of currently 7 people.
The successful candidate will have the following traits - this list is not exhaustive:
- Five years' experience in a finance role.
- A qualified accountant - e,g, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA - or part-qualified working towards qualification, or significant experience.
- Experience of producing written reports and statutory returns.
- Able to lead a team and display strong financial leadership.
- Excellent financial analysis and the ability to interpret financial data.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and work in ways promoting equality, diversity and responsibility.