Leilac was born from environmental technology company Calix to solve one of humanity’s greatest global challenges: decarbonising cement and lime to accelerate the transition to a carbon neutral world. Calix is a global innovator within industry solutions, driven by their purpose of solving global challenges. Their aspiration is to urgently develop great businesses, leveraging their patented technology to deliver positive global impact. A career with Leilac provides the opportunity to be part of a bigger purpose, and a down-to-earth, caring, honest and ingenious team of people who are passionate about solving global challenges. The team at Leilac is driven to use their unique skills to repair, preserve and prevent future harm to our planet. Mars is for quitters!
Mechanical Project Engineer
For the European team, we are now looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer who will be responsible for the execution of mechanical design and specification work. They will undertake thorough design reviews to ensure all areas of design are optimised with a practical, low-cost approach, and overseeing design interfaces.
The Mechanical Project Engineer will work closely with Project Managers, engineers and other stakeholders, to understand project requirements and ensure all site works (upgrades and new developments), are designed, procured, and constructed safely and in accordance with other site, budget and contract requirements. This is a largely home-based position with about 25% travelling and can be based anywhere in The UK or France.
- Work closely with the internal and external engineering design teams, requiring a collaborative approach with a strong emphasis on stakeholder management.
- Ongoing technical review of main plant design, including core technology and ancillary systems, to ensure the design aligns with required specification, and value for money requirements.
- Preparation of technical packages, scope of work documents, technical specifications, Vendor Documentation Requirement Lists (VDRL’s), for equipment or services to be provided for a project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety requirements and facilitate safety and process reviews.
- Managing and overseeing of site-based activities including plant trials & servicing, inspections, plant construction, upgrade and commissioning.
Who are you?
Leilac is a purpose-driven business, and we are looking for passionate and skilled people to join us. You are truly committed to our cause and enjoy working collaboratively to reach goals. You are self-driven with a strong work ethic and works well under pressure. You have advanced problem-solving skills and ability to take the initiative, solving challenges and able to understand and apply the strategic context.
Desired Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering mechanical engineering
- 8+ years post graduate experience in plant design, procurement, construction, and commissioning
- Experience working in an operational plant environment (on-site), working with both operations, engineering, and management teams
- Experience from Interface- and design management, cost planning and project controls
At Leilac, what drives us is to make a positive difference for the long-term. We believe that fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is not just a moral imperative; it is foundational to driving innovation and business success. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to join us, including women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities.
Why join Calix?
- Personal and professional growth in a global, purpose-driven organisation
- The opportunity to work on innovative products that make a difference in the world
- Highly skilled and passionate colleagues, in an organisation that truly values diversity
- Competitive remuneration and participation in company share incentive scheme