Leilac was born from environmental technology company Calix to solve one of humanity’s greatest global challenges: decarbonising cement and lime to accelerate the transition to a carbon neutral world. Calix is a global innovator within industry solutions, driven by their purpose of solving global challenges. Their aspiration is to urgently develop great businesses, leveraging their patented technology to deliver positive global impact. A career with Leilac provides the opportunity to be part of a bigger purpose, and a down-to-earth, caring, honest and ingenious team of people who are passionate about solving global challenges. The team at Leilac is driven to use their unique skills to repair, preserve and prevent future harm to our planet. Mars is for quitters!
Technology Development Engineer (Carbonation)
For the European team, we are now looking for a Technology Development Engineer with experience within carbonation, to lead the calcium looping research and development (R&D) project, working collaboratively with the engineering and wider R&D teams, and ensuring the technology development aligns with business and project related strategic goals.
This project may include the development of a pilot plant with the Technology Development Engineer overseeing the design and delivery of the pilot, as well as operations and test campaigns. This is primarily a home-based position with some travelling and can be based anywhere in The UK or France.
- Project Manage the carbonation/ calcium looping R&D project, overseeing all aspects of design and development.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering and R&D teams, and project managers of other technology development projects
- Support other R&D projects, in particular contributing to projects developing heat exchange concepts and pilots relevant in a calcium looping context.
- Work closely with process development & commercialisation teams to produce a roadmap for calcium looping scale-up and commercialisation.
- Act as a leader of Calix’s SHE, Sustainability and Governance culture
- Participate in, SHEQ activities including project process and design reviews, such as HAZID and HAZOP analysis.
Who are you?
Leilac is a purpose-driven business, and we are looking for passionate and skilled people to join us. You are truly committed to our cause and enjoys working collaboratively to reach goals. You are self-driven with a strong work ethic and works well under pressure. You have advanced problem-solving skills and ability to take the initiative, solving challenges and able to understand and apply the strategic context.
Desired Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering in a relevant field, such as Chemical, process or Materials Engineering.
- 5+ years in leading R&D role, preferably within Cement and/or Lime industry.
- Experience and knowledge of calcium looping and carbonation projects
At Leilac, what drives us is to make a positive difference for the long-term. We believe that fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is not just a moral imperative; it is foundational to driving innovation and business success. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to join us, including women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities.
Why join Leilac?
- Personal and professional growth in a global, purpose-driven organisation
- The opportunity to work on innovative products that make a difference in the world
- Highly skilled and passionate colleagues, in an organisation that truly values diversity
- Competitive remuneration and participation in company share incentive scheme