Envision AESC are the world’s leading battery technology company and lithium-ion battery manufacturer. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the North East’s highest profile manufacturing plants as we are expanding our operations at our battery manufacturing plant in Sunderland.
We are looking for a Facilities Engineer to join our team in order to support the current Battery Plant operation and development of a new world class and innovative mass manufacturing Gigafactory. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace
Working as part of the core project team, to deliver and maintain the UK’s first ‘at scale Gigafactory’. You will be responsible for process and plant equipment, whilst providing support to site functions like production, QA and maintenance.
- Represent the engineering department in all facility aspects from initial project phase to mass production of the Gigafactory.
- Support the development of a manufacturing zone, working within a multi-disciplined team
- Ensure all facilities are safe and legally compliant from design to integration and implementation, attending design reviews and working with equipment suppliers.
- The successful candidates will have a broad-based experience in manufacturing and be able to demonstrate proven skills in the application of Facility engineering.
- The job will involve working as an integral part of a multi-discipline cross functional team and require skills in the following areas:
- Set & Measure facility performance which are class leading, challenging but achievable.
- Agree equipment strategies to ensure facility OEE is achieved and improved while life cycles are managed and maximized.
- Provide technical support for maintenance to ensure equipment is kept in first class condition
As an experienced Facilities Engineer, you will have previous experience gained in a hands on role providing complex technical expertise to optimise equipment. You will have previous experience gained in the design & specification of replacement components, including the modifications to facilities. You will have previous experience in the day to day co-ordination & management of contractors on shutdowns including permit to works etc. With a minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline, you will have well developed communication skills to be able to build relationships throughout the plant from shop floor to management.
Whilst experience gained in automotive manufacture would be advantageous, applications from similar high volume manufacturing industries- would be welcomed.