Nigel Wright is proud to be the recruitment partner to Envision AESC who are the world’s leading battery technology company and lithium-ion battery manufacturer. Headquartered in Japan, and with manufacturing facilities in the U.K, U.S and Japan, we are currently looking for dynamic, forward thinking individuals with innovative ideas to join them in their Sunderland plant to help deliver our current and future generation L-Ion Batteries into the rapidly expanding EV market place.
Their lithium-ion batteries can be found in more than 430,000 electric vehicles worldwide and have a superior safety record of zero-critical issues. We will continue to build upon these successes and expand into new markets and industries, producing innovative and competitive products and technologies that advance the goal of a zero-carbon emission future.
Envision AESC have joined forces with Nissan and Sunderland City Council as part of the "Nissan EV36Zero’ project that’ll see not only a new, fully electric car pumped out of the Wearside factory, but a whole battery gigafactory and solar farms to help it run cleanly.
Reporting to the Global SCM VP, the successful candidate will manage Global Production Control, including coordination with European based customer planning teams to develop global production plans to satisfy the agreed customer requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities will be:
• Develop & maintain clear lines of communication with the European customer planning functions to understand their production requirements.
• Business insight into market conditions and customer status.
• Develop global monthly production plans and long-term schedules.
• Allocation planning to ensure customer demands are satisfied cost effectively. Ensure finished good requirements are fulfilled in full & on time.
• Regional production capacity planning and cascade global plans to regional Production Control teams.
• Reporting, monitoring and adjusting plans based on production build and supply.
• Global Inventory management and reporting.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of supply change management in a dynamic manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
Some of the key skills and attributes we are looking for are:
• Hands on experience of ERP systems. Preferably experience of SAP operation modules.
• Experience and a clear understanding of global supply chain operations, particularly container shipping
• Strong business acumen: understanding the existing and future business needs in a global environment
• Ability to work and interact with all levels within a multicultural organisation.
• Educated to degree level, preferably in Supply Chain Management or Business Management.
• Demonstrate strong management skills and experience of managing a team.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills at all levels including the ability and confidence to present to the management team
• Strong communication and networking skills.
• Demonstrate capacity for strategic thinking and decision making.