Zentia is the UK’s independent market leader in complete ceiling solutions. Evolved from Armstrong Ceiling Solutions and with over 100 years of knowledge and experience, Zentia provides a complete range of future-proof ceiling solutions to its UK specifier, contractor and distributor partners.
Zentia’s two manufacturing plants are located in Team Valley, UK, with one producing mineral fibre tiles and one for ceiling grids. Zentia operates sales teams in the UK and Ireland, as well as trading in Spain, Portugal and the Baltic States. Zentia is well positioned in these markets, highly profitable, and will also benefit from significant investment in the coming 3-5 years in order to expand the production capability of both manufacturing sites.
Reporting into the Senior Category Manager, you will be accountable for purchasing both Directs and Indirects for Armstrong Ceiling Solutions' manufacturing sites in the UK. Key responsibilities will include:
- Operational purchasing for both production sites
- Supplier relationship management and performance reviews
- New sourcing, tendering and supplier selection, contract negotiation and on-boarding
- Monitoring and reporting upon PPV
- Full accountability for master data integrity on SAP, relating to purchasing activity and supplier information
- Managing invoice reconciliation and queries
- Actively contributing to best purchasing process and practice improvements
Armstrong Ceiling Solutions are seeking a candidate with some of the following attributes:
- Purchasing background from within manufacturing, chemicals or engineering
- Confident communication and strong relationship building and negotiation skills (internal and external)
- Logical approach with excellent attention to detail
- A real team player mentality
- Assertiveness - self–starter, able to work upon own initiative
- SAP experience would be preferential
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer or Junior Buyer to further develop their purchasing experience across both Direct and Indirect categories during an exciting period of transformation. Excellent opportunities for progression for the right candidate.