Our Client Quorn is a global company led by a clear purpose and ambition. By 2030, we will be a Net +positive business with 8 billion servings of our amazing Quorn & Cauldron products being consumed across the world.
At Quorn, we have a simple message, to create an inspiring range of irresistibly tasty meals which are not only great for you and your family, but for the planet and generations to come.
It is our collective differences that make Quorn special. Our heritage speaks to this, as pioneers of meat alternative products, we choose to embrace a different path which sets us apart.
We are committed to four core values which make us who we are. We are ‘Stronger Together’, we aim to ‘Make Lives Better’, we ‘ Think Big & Act With Courage’ and we ‘Strive To Be The Best’.
Reporting into a Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic Procurement of a broad and complex Ingredients' Portfolio, supporting 3 Manufacturing Sites in Stokesley, Billingham and Norfolk.
The role will accommodate 3 days' office working in either Stokesley or Leeds, 2 days' home working.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Managing a vast and varied Ingredients portfolio, including but not limited to seasonings, oils, fats, coatings etc
- The role is fast-paced and varied and covers ‘cradle to grave’ supply chain i.e. from sourcing at concept stage with NPD through to supporting through to contract negotiation, full production and continuous supplier management/development
- Focusing upon commercial performance v budget, pricing, OTIF, quality and supplier assurance
- Key projects – supporting R&D Creations Team to source new materials, sourcing and securing new Supply Chains
- Attending key annual Trade Shows to source new supplier partners
- Managing supplier performance, conducting risk assessments and audits - UK and European
- Collaborating with and supporting key stakeholders within multi-functional teams – Production, Operations Supply Chain, Regulatory, Vendor Assurance, Technical, Future Foods, EPD and NPD
To thrive in this role you will have/be:
- Breadth of Ingredients’ Procurement experience – essential
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) – confident in expressing opinions/presenting through to Director and SMT level
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills – resilient in managing current supply chain challenges
- Experienced in supplier performance management
- Strong eye for detail, highly analytical and numerate, have a good grasp upon performance v budget and figures – able to interrogate data and present back effectively
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and receptive to develop knowledge and adopt new concepts
- Efficient, adept at multi-tasking, flexible in approach – must be able to service multi-functional stakeholders
- Have a good sense of humour, be a real team player
If you fulfil the above criteria and are attracted to join a highly successful global business in exciting times where you can play a key part in their future growth strategy, please get in contact for a confidential discussion and further details.