Bettys is a well-known and much-loved bakery business with a rich history in producing exceptionally high quality products. They differentiate themselves from other consumer companies by placing significant emphasis on the ethical, social and environmental aspects of operating the business in addition to the economic dimension. They have exceptionally high levels of engagement with employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which they operate. Relationships are built for the long term with an open, honest approach to doing business and strong ethical and environmental principles at the heart of business practice.
The Raw Materials Directs Buyer is an 18-month fixed term contract position to cover an internal project-related secondment.
You will work alongside other Buyers and Purchasing Administrators within a close-knit Purchasing Team and will have full responsibility for Raw Materials/Directs Purchasing for Bettys Bakery and Bettys by Post. You will support your Line Manager in implementing correct Procurement process and best practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic category responsibility for raw materials/ingredients and bought in goods for Bakery, Cafes and Bettys by Post (including hampers)
- Supporting your Line Manager in maintaining a Supplier Contracts Register, implementing supplier management frameworks, conducting supplier reviews and negotiating periodic pricing agreements/contracts
- Representing Purchasing upon key 6 monthly seasonal NPD Projects
- New sourcing/market research/-analysis in line with NPD requirements/resolution of any supply issues
- Collaborating closely with Planning to forecast supply requirements and ensure that supply is maintained for production
You will have/be:
- Proven procurement track record, ideally from Food and Drink Manufacturing/-Retail or high-volume Manufacturing sectors
- Previous pricing and contract negotiation experience essential
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, communication and influencing skills – confident to challenge and lead projects, representing Purchasing in internal meetings
- Tenacious, inquisitive and analytical - able to ascertain exact sourcing requirements
- Resilient and adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment – accustomed to complexity and volume of data
- Proactive, assertive, confident decision maker – self-sufficient
- Hands-on, can do attitude, a true team player – willing to support the wider team
The role is currently 100% home-based, however the successful candidate should be able to work on site in Harrogate 5 days a week, as and when required in future. Flexible working options, including some homeworking will be available for the successful candidate!
If you fulfil the above criteria and are passionate about working for Bettys upon a 12 month fixed term contract, within a truly collaborative environment, please get in contact.