Tyne Group is an established not for profit organisation that provides support, housing, healthcare and more for the North East’s most vulnerable people.
In order to continue implementing their Strategic Plan, which includes significant investment in their infrastructure, an exciting opportunity exists for a Head of ICT to continue the drive to improve the ICT capability so that services run efficiently which will enable the ongoing positive impact of their work in the community.
Reporting to the CEO. as part of the Corporate Management Team, you will work at all levels of the organisation, in continuing to develop a strategy for the procurement and implementation of the right systems that will help them to deliver the best possible services at any given time. Managing an ICT Technician, in this broad strategic and operational role, you will:
- Lead on all ICT policies and procedures and take responsibility for contract management with ICT suppliers and 3rd party providers.
- Scope, specify and tender for ICT solutions to ensure technology meets all areas of business needs. The post holder will need to understand business operations, identify appropriate solutions and prepare a detailed specification to be taken to the market to procure suitable ICT system(s)
- Project manage the successful implementation of new IT system(s); supporting and training staff, ensuring the roll out is resourced and that the supplier meets all metrics and milestones.
- Make a post implementation assessment, evaluating whether we have met our objectives and take rectifying actions where necessary.
- Ensure the day-to-day provision of a comprehensive ICT service to the Group’s Staff, Management and Residents, encompassing the following tasks:
- Managing the ITIL Helpdesk for all technical incidents and service requests, ensuring that these requests are prioritised and responded to accordingly.
- Utilising cloud technologies (AWS/AZURE)
- Managing the hosted telephone system (Mitel) and networks Cisco Meraki SD - WAN, Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi
- Working with the Board and management team to implement Microsoft Power BI - Business dashboards
- Supervising the use of ICT hardware, software, telephones and fixed lines.
- Managing the purchase of all ICT equipment and software including installation, distribution and organising training for the end user.
- Managing and maintaining the group’s applications, ensuring that the data held is accurate and complies with all aspects of the GDPR.
- Ensure the Group’s ICT network infrastructure is operating effectively at all times and that all firewalls, backups and antivirus are updated regularly to safeguard the security of the Group’s systems.
- Develop and circulate training material and deliver training to staff.
- Administer the group’s G Suite email and document storage solution, and any successor systems.
- Provide technical support for the maintenance of the Group’s webpage and use of social media.
- Maintain an inventory of all ICT equipment and software including any additions, disposals and the safe disposal of all data held on obsolete hardware.
As an experienced IT Manager, you will possess a proven track record of successfully managing a range of ICT projects at a strategic level, achieving high levels of performance and customer service. With strategic vision and an appetite for learning, you also will be comfortable in being operational using your broad technical skills, be capable of following a cloud based strategy and be used to working with 3rd party suppliers. In addition you will have:
- A strong record of demonstrable achievement in service delivery of organisational IT Systems
- Proven experience of achieving targets and objectives
- Experience of working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to deliver service excellence
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets and develop innovative, cost effective policies and procedures
- Experience of software install, upgrade, system build and server patching
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong analytical skills, along with validated problem-solving ability.
- The ability to provide training support to the roll out of systems
- The ability to motivate, lead and inspire colleagues.