Nigel Wright are pleased to be working in partnership with K. Hartwall in their search for an experienced Account Manager to lead major accounts within their largest division.
K. Hartwall was founded in 1932 in Söderkulla, Finland. Over the years they have generated in-depth knowledge of logistics processes and their financial and environmental impacts.
Today they bring logistics efficiency by delivering innovative solutions, including returnable load carriers and services around them, modernizing goods delivery in more than 60 countries
Thanks to the efficient global delivery capability K. Hartwall has become the preferred partner to many companies in retail, dairy, beverage, industrial logistics and automotive. The UK is an important market for K. Hartwall and as such this is a key hire for them. It will also have responsibility for European and sometimes Global customers within the division.
The position would be a mix of managing a small portfolio of current key accounts and generating new business within the post and parcel sectors in UK and occasionally Europe and globally.
The ACCOUNT MANAGER has the responsibility to manage a number of existing customer accounts in both UK and Europe and to grow the business through new customer acquisition.
The ACCOUNT MANAGER will also have the opportunity to contribute to the BU strategy, including development of product and service offering, development of partnerships with external stakeholders, additionally:
- Management of all commercial issues as key point of contact towards new and existing customers, including management of tenders, pricing discussions and terms & conditions.
- Promotion of the Company and its Products at the highest levels of Customer organizations and the various worldwide collaborators.
- Implementation of BU Business Strategy within own sales region and with potential global accounts.
- The ACCOUNT MANAGER contributes strongly to the development of the BU competitive positioning, growth markets, business models and Strategy as a whole. Strong contribution to product strategy, delivery and after-sales model of the BU.
- Operational sales management in close cooperation with both the Global Account Manager, Head of BU and the internal organization, incl. strong hands-on involvement and drive in sales to reach and exceed targets.
The ACCOUNT MANAGER will be positioned in KHW office in Sheffield or in the home office. The role requires substantial travelling globally, mainly in Europe, estimated at 20– 50 days annually.
As the role includes working with major parcel operators in UK and Europe, the optimal background/current role or position would include experience in working with either parcel logistics or Manual Handling Equipment (MHE):
- Background in consulting, managing or development of parcel or postal logistics processes within e.g. Amazon, TNT, DPD, Royal Mail or some other parcel or e-commerce operator
- Background in either sales or development of processes related to Material Handling Equipment (MHE) – companies could include Forklift, roll container, plastic pallet companies
- Sales of technical equipment related to parcel & postal logistics in general
The ACCOUNT MANAGER role is the face towards K.Hartwall’s customers and responsible for driving both tender and development projects in close cooperation with customers and internal stakeholders.
- As the ACCOUNT MANAGER is managing and working within a multicultural team, he/she must be a good communicator with people skills
- The ACCOUNT MANAGER will have to have good communications and negotiation skills.
Other key personal qualities;
- The ACCOUNT MANAGER will have a strong drive and an entrepreneur attitude with a dynamic hands-on approach, self-driven and systematic.
- High technical, sales and interpersonal skills, excellent networker, achievement and results orientated, development-minded.
- Confident and self-assured, a team player who can build solid relationships with both colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Power Point, CRM, ERP and other relevant digital tools
- He/she must have minimum 3-5 years working experience in relevant roles (see above),
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must, other languages are seen as a plus.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours
- An understanding of the Postal and Parcel market sector
- An understanding of AGV’s and Tugger train solutions would be a bonus
- Most importantly the person has to have genuine drive and desire to make success within K. Hartwall.
This is a role for an individual with true consultative sales capabilities. The opportunity is significant for growth within the division and broader business for the right candidate.