Nigel Wright are delighted to once again be partnering with Mayborn Group to recruit a critical and high profile new hire to the team.
The National Account Manager (NAM) will be responsible for managing Amazon and requires a driven and ambitious individual who can develop & deliver
robust commercial plans, whilst also possessing the core skills to manage key internal & external stakeholders. The ability to be creative and flexible in your approach to overcome and be successful
in the ever-changing world of the this major retailer is also critical. You will have the energy and effort to ensure the last ten yards of getting the product on the site is met consistently and that you are
delivering best in class customer service to our customers & consumers.
The role has a number of drivers to deliver success in it for the next three years:
1) Creation, development, implementation & flexibility of a strategy to accelerate our market share position within Amazon.
2) Embrace consumer shopper behaviours and leverage a strong understanding of the “Digital” consumer journey
3) Enhance and progress the brands performances & financial performance in both your dedicated accounts across all retailer platforms.
4) Focus, execution and management of NPD
Predominately externally focussed, the role will require an elevated level of internal interaction, networking and cross functional team engagement to ensure alignment and transparency at all
levels of plans, progression, success & challenges.
What you will be doing:
Influencing, adopting and implementation of global & regional brand strategies, to include (but not
• Merchandising standards look & feel of the brands – brick & click formats.
• Pricing, pack & promo strategy is embedded into Joint Business Plans (JBP’s), monitored and flexed to optimize customer proposition and ours & retailers key commercial metrics.
• Understanding in depth the channels, customer & competitive landscape. Be mindful and respectful of any impact to the wider team of commercial decisions made for your accounts
• Influence internal marketing & brand teams to identify opportunities (product or marketing) within or adjacent categories that our brands have the potential to expand in.
• Quality of internal & external material has to be consistent and of the standard that reflects our brands positioning in the baby accessories category.
• Progression of market share performance through execution of joint business plans, category thought leadership, implementation of NPD, maximization of range review
opportunities, defined plans by retailer formats, aligned marketing plans.
• Digital first mentality & thinking to mirror “millennial & generation Z” consumer behaviour both in the marketplace and within your retailer
• Consistency in monthly/quarterly/annual financial metrics for the channel and BY, LY & Strat. Full ownership of P&L responsibility, both internal & external control and management of
• Ability to work within strict timelines, set robust process to ensure financial commitments are delivered in line with expectations, with a ‘right first time’ attitude and application.
• Supporting the mentality of fast-tracking opportunities, mitigation of gaps, consistent “so what’s” are served up to ensure full year commitments are maintained.
• External financial metrics are tracked frequently, collaboratively & robustly with retailers to remove exposure and reduce unexpected investment demands.
• Ensure compliance of terms are adhered to and corrective action is taken if needed.
Team & Direct Account Responsibilities
• Annual & Biannual strategic meetings (top to top) to be diarised with key retailers.
• Develop, execute and manage the strategy and sales plan with existing accounts, whilst
being aligned to the UK strategic plan.
• Negotiate account specific trading terms, promotions and other activity in line with the brand
strategies for the UK
• Increase listings, distribution and visibility of the Mayborn portfolio.
• Completed customer Joint Business Plan which delivers incremental account profit and overall delivery of EBITDA targets/qtr. reporting.
• Collaborate with internal global brands teams to partner with retailers to gain broader reach and drive awareness of the tommee tippee brand.
• Improve account and category cash and profit - full P&L management & reporting responsibility.
• Deliver a balanced pricing approach throughout customer base to deliver a sustainable pricing and margin plan.
• Build & manage account presentations and related personnel to execute them, that include state of the business, future planning and NPD presentation.
• Provide trackers, monthly board reports/ quarterly reports and solutions and contingency planning for remedial action as appropriate.
• Delivery of forecasts, orders, and payment requirements and work with logistics and planning team to build adequate inventory within plans.
• Management, analysis and control of Sales spending with support from UK commercial team
• Deliver consistent marketing message through key retailer programmes.
• Communicate the Mayborn brand(s) position and objectives utilising key retailer platforms.
• Management of excellent execution of all NPD and promotions.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships across Trade Marketing, Demand Planning, Finance, Category Management and Supply Chain.
What skills and experiences you’ll need to ace this job:
• Commercial skills - understanding of P&L and key levers.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Understanding of company's direction and follow through with customer base.
• Broad understanding of the dynamics within the EMEA retail landscape & the role formats
must play within it.
• Good knowledge of the eCommerce environment, and willingness to further develop these
skills as required.
• Strong collaboration & influencing skills – in a global/matrix structure.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must be fluent in spoken and written English language.
• Persistent, tenacious and resilient.
• Proficiency in use of major Microsoft software applications – Excel, Outlook, Power Point
• Must have a valid and current Driver’s License with a good driving record.
• Operate with discipline to be able to take more responsibility.
• Strong sales focus: Eager to succeed in growing sales of a challenger branded consumer
• Strong sense of ownership and commitment.