Nigel Wright's Supply Chain and Procurement Team has been appointed exclusively by a Sika AG to recruit a Senior Buyer into their multi-site Procurement Team.
Sika AG, a CHF 8 billion turnover p.a. Swiss Market Index (SMI) listed company, is a globally active speciality chemicals company offering a comprehensive range of products including waterproofing systems, sealing, bonding and speciality mortars etc. across many construction and -associated sectors. The business employs over 1,000 people in the UK across 4 legal entities: Sika, Everbuild Building Products, Incorez and Enewall.
The Senior Buyer role is 80% home-based and will require working on site in Preston 1-2 days per week. There will also be opportunity to work at the Leeds 'Everbuild Building Products' site periodically, alongside other members of Sika's UK Procurement Team.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, this is very much a strategic role in which you will be responsible for managing all Directs' and Finished Goods Procurement activity for the Preston (Sika/Incorez) site in a standalone role, there will also be the opportunity to centralise and manage areas of Indirect Procurement.
Key remit includes:
- Managing all Directs' and Finished Goods Procurement activity on site
- Supplier performance management - contract negotiation and leading review meetings
- Representing Procurement on site and leading regular Project meetings with Operations/Production/R&D
- New sourcing/market research is a key area of focus - focus on risk mitigation and cost reduction
- Supplier audits – 3-4 per year (UK based)
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Proven Procurement track record (manufacturing/engineering sector-based advantageous but not essential)
- Project management/leadership experience beneficial
- Commercially astute, accomplished communicator – resilient and confident in influencing and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and supplier performance management skills
- Collaborative team player
- Self-motivated, proactive and assertive – capable of driving projects forward independently
- Agile – able to commit and deliver in a dynamic, pressured environment
If you are:
- an experienced Buyer seeking a unique opportunity to progress to Senior Buyer level
- a Senior Buyer seeking a new challenge..
This role provides the autonomy and scope to develop new ideas, projects, processes and sourcing opportunities working within a global company undergoing a key transitional period of strategic growth.
Please get in contact for further details and a confidential discussion.