As one of the greatest successes in the building materials industry, having previously been known as Armstrong and now Zentia, our business is a true pioneer of ceiling and suspension systems with more than 150 years’ expertise in delivering acoustic ceiling solutions for building interiors. Our aim is to deliver complete ceiling solutions with unsurpassed levels of value, quality and reliability, redefining expectations and reinventing environments, to make every one of our customers’ projects a success.
As a recently carved out business, we now comprise two production plants in Team Valley, UK, one for mineral fibre tiles and one for grid, as well as sales teams in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and the Baltic States. This business is well positioned in these markets and highly profitable and will also benefit from significant investment in the coming 3-5 years in order to expand the production capability of both manufacturing sites.
Working within a newly structured Procurement Team and reporting into the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for the Procurement of Goods and Services including but not limited to Indirect and Professional Services, Manufacturing Components and some Capital Equipment, Service and Repair areas:
- Developing and delivering Commodity Strategy Plans in conjunction with the Head of Procurement
- Supplier Performance Management and Partnership Development
- Sourcing/re-sourcing, market profiling, contract negotiation and management, VAVE – focusing upon quality, cost and delivery
- Partnering with key internal stakeholders to consult, guide and ensure that Procurement activity is actioned correctly and in line with Best Procurement Practice
- Acting as a Procurement Lead, supporting internal Functions with key NPI Project activity/trouble-shooting activity
- Supporting Head of Procurement to promote Procurement Best Practice and implement agreed process and procedures – ensuring a standardised approach across all categories
- Mentoring and guiding other Procurement Team members
- Collaborating closely with the Supply Chain Function
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Comprehensive experience of delivering strategic procurement activity – specifically within Indirect Categories – ideally from within the Manufacturing sector
- Broad category and supplier relationship management experience including SLA negotiation relating to bought in components, indirects, Capex and raw materials
- Proven track record in developing and implementing category strategy across the short to medium to long term
- Experience of delivering year on year cost reduction/continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills in addition to relationship management and stakeholder engagement - internally and externally
- Collaborative, hands-on, team-player with excellent communication skills - proactive and assertive
- Highly professional, diligent approach - analytical and inquisitive with an excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with MS office, experience of using SAP beneficial (not essential)
For further details of this excellent opportunity to join an organisation investing extensively, that is passionate about its people and to play a key role in continuing to shape Procurement, please get in contact for a confidential discussion.