Alchemists is the go-to Marketing Advisory Partner focused on getting the best from clients and agency partnerships. With decades of experience and unrivalled expertise in transforming partnerships, we put creativity and data at the forefront of brand, consultancy, and agency relations.
We believe that most of the established Intermediaries and Marketing Consultancies are still operating in the same traditional way and have not moved with the times. Many people talk about innovation, but we don’t truly see that being demonstrated. Our affordable, agile model allows clients and agencies to cut through interference and produce great work that works. Our portfolio of clients is a testament to the need for our services, our blend of logic and creativity - our alchemy.
We have had an exciting first two years, so it is a great time to be joining as we grow the business and develop our international reputation and client base.
You will be joining a rapidly growing international business with responsibility for leading a wide range of complex projects across several large brands. Attitude is key for a scaling business and we are looking for a real go-getter, someone self-motivated and proactive.
The Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to our Director of Client Programmes, you will have two direct report Project Managers, and will be responsible for their line management and coaching to help support our delivery excellence. You will lead the highest priority client projects which will include marketing consultancy services, brand development, development of agency roster models, agency negotiations and pitches, marketing operational effectiveness, commercial analysis and benchmarking, and ways of working assignments.
- Lead the delivery of high-profile client projects, contributing, and writing client presentations and proposals, as guided by the Alchemists consultancy team.
- Join the leadership team in prospective client meetings to sell business and our capabilities.
- Listen to client needs and being able to distil their requirements into a succinct and compelling brief.
- Produce clear project plans to guide the client and internal teams, setting up the solid project foundations (governance, meeting cadence and reporting mechanisms).
- Be the first point contact to our high profile and senior clients throughout the project.
- Manage project risks or issues that arise, informing the client and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the Alchemist consultancy team to devise solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands.
- Prepare material for steering team meetings, ensuring all stakeholders have necessary information ahead of time.
- Support the Delivery Team best practice initiative, coaching junior members on the consistent and repeatable practices we are looking to implement across the business; this will include the opportunity to input into the delivery methodology and templating across the business.
- Coach your team members and support their performance and delivery capabilities.
Candidate Profile & Experience Required
- A proven record of delivering consultative reports and client presentations.
- Ability to succinctly summarise complex business problems into clear briefs, timelines and workstreams.
- Fully proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- A task-orientated individual, who can influence a wide range of stakeholders to deliver an end goal.
- Proficient with managing large budgets (region £1-2 million) and maintaining budgetary reports.
- Experience and interest in the world of marketing, advertising, and project-focused delivery.
- Ability to calmly handle a multitude of work requests and projects at any one time and prioritise accordingly.
- Demonstrable excellence in project management, understanding various methodologies and how to use them in a diverse range of projects.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Sound financial acumen.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal, digital & visual).
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven project and/or programme management experience, either in consulting or within industry.
- Relevant project management qualifications (Prince 2/ APMP Practitioner/ DSDM Agile Practitioner/ Management of Risk, MSP Practitioner, or similar).
- Examples of relevant practical experience over at least four years of employment (client and/or agency side).
One Equal Team
At Alchemists, we are committed to equal opportunities and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of race, age, gender, disability, marital status, pregnancy, or religion.
We strive for an equal and diverse team, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment where you can bring yourself confidently to work and contribute to a forward-thinking, inclusive, and innovative team.
As part of our recruitment process, we use a variety of tools to understand you better, your skills and experience concerning the role for which you have applied. These may include application questions, face to face or video interviews and online testing. Please feel free to contact us if there are any practical adjustments that you would like us to consider. Please do not hesitate to talk to us about any issues that you feel may prevent you from being at your best during your recruitment process.