In this new role, collaborating with the Director of Software Delivery, Technical Director and software development teams to solve complex problems, you will:
- Bring a continuous improvement mindset to the software delivery processes and infrastructure management.
- Uphold a strong software engineering culture within the development team working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Enable an environment where the services can be changed quickly whilst maintaining high availability and reliability.
- Build and setting up new development tools, infrastructure and/or cloud services.
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats.
- Implement and reporting on the monitoring of our live services to enable teams to be proactive in the identification of potential issues before they occur.
Specifically you will:
- Provision new infrastructure and cloud services within the AWS cloud platform to support the delivery of new requirements across development, test, staging and production environments.
- Create and maintain scripts for the management and provisioning of infrastructure and services within AWS.
- Build, improve and maintain CI/CD pipelines in collaboration with software development teams ensuring a focus on high cadence delivery, enabling development teams to automate their end-to-end release processes.
- Identify opportunities for automation and improvement across the software development lifecycle taking ownership of implementing changes to drive quality and efficiency.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls to ensure security practices are integrated into software development team practices.
- Monitor services and identify potential patterns that affect performance, reliability or availability of the services highlighting areas for improvement.
- Provide real time monitoring dashboards associated with service performance for software development stakeholders and share knowledge across the software development team.
- Work collaboratively with the software development teams, troubleshoot issues occurring in cloud infrastructure or services.
- Ensure all cloud infrastructure have appropriate disaster recovery plans in place that can be fully automated.
- Perform regular infrastructure audits to identify risks/ issues and opportunities including cost savings.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, product backlog refinement and retrospectives.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, understanding trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
From either an infrastructure or development background, you will have hands-on Cloud Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform experience. In addition you will possess experience with:
- Designing and delivering cloud platforms with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) principles (e.g. Terraform),
- Administering CI systems, creating build configurations and pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS/TFS), TeamCity.
- Windows & Linux containers and orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Working within an agile delivery environment and a passionate advocate of these practices.
Applications are also sought for candidates who may currently have a mixed role who wish to specialise within DevOps, so long as you have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences and possess strong problem solving skills.