This new role will have a number of key parts, which include:
- Providing thought leadership on IT strategy, cloud optimisation and project delivery
- Leading the design and assurance of our AWS IT infrastructure
- Providing technical assurance and architectural guidance for the company's IT estate which includes on-premise, cloud and SaaS services and liaising with third parties who provide managed services into the business
- Supporting the mentoring and development of the Infrastructure Team
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Service Operations and across the IT team to ensure that the IT estate support the business service level requirements and the Cyber Security Architect to ensure that the IT systems confirms to legal and regulatory obligations. Specifically your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical consultancy on both Cloud, SaaS and on-premise technologies
- Chair the Design Assurance Group
- Ensure any technology solution adheres to company design principles including design for failure.
- Provide assurance on proposed implementation, changes to both BAU and project landscape.
- Create and maintain of technical documentation for the IT estate
- Support and ensure that ITIL best practices are applied across the existing BAU estate and to new solutions.
- Ensure that the IT estate conforms to security best practices of least privilege and encryption both at rest and in transit.
- Continually review changes and designs to ensure continual adherence to our design standards and security best practices.
- Work with Internal and External audit to support effective audits and to close audit actions as they arise
- Provide assurance, support and guidance on topics including:
o Back up
o Disaster Recovery
o Dev Ops
o Cloud cost optimisation
As an experienced Architect who has ideally worked an in-house Infrastructure team, you will have significant public cloud design and delivery experience, ideally gained within an ITIL environment, to include:
- Continuity/ IT DR
- Change management
- Security best practices
With experience of carrying out Technical Assurance on projects and service changes, you will have developed infrastructure strategies, to include experience of implementing multiple technologies including networking (LAN, WAN and WLAN), infrastructure and applications both on-premise, public cloud and SaaS.
With a public cloud certification, such as an AWS Solutions Architect, you will possess excellent communication and people skills to work in a team with variety of skillsets and experience, including with non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.