International manufacturing business is seeking a technically proficient Infrastructure professional, who will play a key role as they undertake a major infrastructure refresh.
Joining a small team, in this new role you will manage and troubleshoot the site's IT Systems infrastructure undertaking 3rd line support as well as manage various infrastructure projects. In addition you will:
- Monitor key service metrics (quality measures, customer satisfaction ratings, service level objectives, etc.) against plan and adjusts processes as appropriate
- Provide support to IT operations and Application teams in areas of technical assessments and/or design of appropriate IT infrastructure setup
- Work with and co-ordinate with group IT and/or vendors for Level 2|3 support and other complex issues that may require advanced technical assessments and/or changes to existing solution components
- Establish priorities, timelines, and ensure appropriate resources are available for projects/initiatives
- Report to operational management regarding operations, updates related to IT Infrastructure
- Work on one or more projects concurrently whilst being responsible for the support and maintenance of existing IT infrastructure setup.
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, you will have all round experience in:
- Windows server experience, up to 2016/19
- VMWare 6.5 +
- Networking, LAN and ideally WAN
- Operating systems platforms
- Databases and applications including connectivity especially on SQL server
- Backup and storage such as Veeam/Nimble
Any experience with Business Intelligence and specifically SQL/Oracle Database Administration would be beneficial