Nigel Wright are proud to be working with a fast growth food manufacturer who are looking to grow their NPD team in order to accommodate their ambitious growth plans. The site is in the process of implementing new lines, and expanding shift patterns, and this, coupled with a Management Team who encourage creativity, development and training will inevitably ensure success. If you would like to be part of this exciting journey then please read on.
As NPD Technologist, the successful candidate will support the Trading Team and the Product Development Manager driving the delivery of product quality and product launch support for all own label products, working in accordance with the critical path and gate process. This role requires collaboration with various functions, to influence from concept product approval through to post launch review.
- Understand and assist the Trading Manager and Suppliers in the management of the product critical path driving successful timely product launches, advising, and prompting key activity dates.
- Prepare and present NPD samples from suppliers to the relevant representatives.
- In accordance with the critical path attend attribute panels of all new products with the Trading Manager and Supplier to set Quality Attributes before product launch.
- Check first production run samples submitted by the supplier against the product specification providing feedback and follow up as appropriate to the relevant Trading Manager.
- Manage the organisation of sample delivery and documentation for the continuous assessment of current products against the product specification and agreed competitive set.
In order to be considered for this role, candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Home Economics / Food Science / Technology or equivalent is desirable.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in the food industry working within Product Development for a Supplier or Retailer or a similar role.
- Knowledge of Food Safety Legislation / HACCP
- Excellent practical cookery skills and good culinary understanding.
- Demonstrable interest in food and current trends.
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- A strong communicator, who can engage effectively with teams and key stakeholders in presenting ideas and best practice solutions