Growing international technology business is seeking a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer to join their engineering team in what can be a fully remote based role.
As part of a collaborative team, you will drive efforts in building, supporting and improving the infrastructure and
tools used by the development teams in running the services that make up their platform. In demonstrating and applying
exemplary engineering practices to increase agility, you wil improve quality and help reduce downtime in all the solutions.
Embracing a DevOps culture you will drive this change and ensure the ongoing embedding of Agile and DevOps principles in everything they do. In addition to automating as much as possible, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver solid infrastructure as code and desired configuration state solutions by using automation tools such as Terraform and Puppet
- Design and implement solutions that boost the stability, scalability, performance, and security of Fabric products
- Support services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Contribute to the automated testing coverage of the infrastructure
- Mentoring / supporting software engineers regarding tools, concepts, and best practices
- Evangelise DevOps culture of continuous improvement within Bede
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with people within and outside the team and evolve the products documentation
- Contribute to healthy team culture and engagement in the team’s current priorities.
- Escalate any issues and propose solutions for mitigation
With a strong understanding of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems, you will possess:
- Experience with cloud operations and site reliability
- An understanding of emerging technologies and practices for operating modern distributed services within the cloud
- A strong understanding of Git
- Experience in using infrastructure as code tools like Terraform or similar
- Experience in using Puppet or other similar tools like Chef, Ansible etc.
- Skilled in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Familiarity with agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation
- The desire to continually learn, improve and challenge methods
In addition, any of the following would be desirable though not essential:
- Experience in Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Automated Infrastructure Testing (e.g. Inspec, Beaker)
- Knowledge of/experience with containerisation technologies and orchestration engines
- such as Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, Helm, etc.