My client are an internationally renowned manufacturer of cleaning and hygiene products. Following a re-focus on serving the industrial, institutional and healthcare market across Europe they have created a new team to take their brands to end-users across Europe.
This are newly created role following a re-structure of the professional business. A new commercial marketing director has recently joined the business to bring the marketing function together across European regions and imbed a new matrix structure. The marketing organisation now has three key areas; Marketing Services (which operates as an internal agency to the business), Customer Marketing (with stakeholders sitting in region) and Commercialisation where this roles sit. This is a relatively new skill set to the organisation and will be responsible for determining and articulating the commercialisation of the strategic plan in specific end user segments. Of the five segments in the business, this role is based at their European HQ in the UK and serves their largest local market - healthcare.
- Determine and articulate the commercialisation of the European strategic plan in the healthcare end user segment, clearly laying out marketing implementation of that vision into local markets, working with local marketing leads to determine the challenges, roadblocks and relevance to the local markets.
- Develop End User marketing strategies, implementing both the global marketing strategy for the group and the European elements of this.
- Be the regional execution marketing expert at an end user level, developing and integrating ‘insight’ to best understand the target end user groups. Build insight on the competition while identifying profitable opportunities for short-term and long-term growth.
- Work closely with the Product & Marketing Services Lead and Commercial Teams to create a marketing plan in line with the Annual Operating Plan (short-term and long term) and then action.
- Analyse market, End User and customer trends and provide market data analysis to develop and implement market-based product positioning and growth strategies.
- Co-ordinate Pan European marketing campaigns across all communication channels which are aligned with sales activities; take ownership of all responsibilities that flow from such campaigns.
- Overall responsibility for reporting of price positioning and market share.
- Take responsibility for the relevant marketing budget ensuring that agreed outcomes are achieved in a cost-effective manner.
This is a role for a confident trade marketer comfortable in a regional structure and ideally with experience in the healthcare segment.
A strategic marketeer with a strong tactical and operational approach and attention to detail you will have:-
• Experience of building and implementing successful growth strategies
• In depth experience of providing market insight and research
• Experience of integrated marketing approaches and product management
• Marketing Manager level experience; strong decision maker and people leader; worked in a marketing context with global brands and global and European teams
• Excellent project management and analytical skills
• Highly developed commercial awareness
• Budget management experience
• Matrix management experience
• Experience of managing multi-sited teams
Ideally you will be experienced in b2b and b2c environments but this is non essential. A second European language is also desirable but non-essential.