As an experienced Linux system administration skills, preferably with Centos, you will possess:
- The ability to prioritise workload including occasional Incidents and Problem management
- Automation and Scripting skills including use of Scripting languages; Bash and Python etc
- Knowledge of platform or application automated deployment and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, terraform etc)
- Previous experience of managing technical projects or assignments
- An understanding of error messages and logs displayed by software.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve issues independently.
- Self-learner, ability to document learning as experience is gained.
- Experience as part of a team supporting and maintaining an infrastructure.
- A Passion for technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Any experience with the following would be desirable:
- An interest in development, new technologies and innovation
- Supporting development teams into the refactoring of technical debt
- Nomad, kubernetes, docker and containers
- Documenting existing technical software services.CentOS/RH 7 or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring systems, e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
- Database administration experience
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of MySQL and Postgresql or DB technologies
- Nginx or web server technologies
- Gluster or storage technologies
- Git and version control
Remote working will be allowed as long as you can be in the office c. 1 day per week.