We are delighted to be working alongside our client, a rapid growth high-tech financial services provider as they seek to find a Junior DevOps Engineer to join its busy team based in Newcastle.
The role of Junior DevOps within this firm will be you will be responsible for the deployment and support of multi-tier applications hosted within Azure PaaS and IaaS and on site, client & internal installations.
Working under the direction of the Head of Technical Architecture and Head of Infrastructure, and in conjunction with the IT Service Desk team.
Azure Cloud Support (PaaS and IaaS) dealing with the following technologies with a view to monitor and react to alerts on a day-to-day basis, whilst assisting in the introduction of new monitoring tools, techniques and automation going forward.
Long term projects to include
- Azure Portal
- Access and security control
- IaaS: Networking, Virtual Machines, Gateways etc.
- PaaS: SQL Azure, App Services, Azure DevOps etc.
- Monitoring: Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Log Analytics etc.
- Ongoing Maintenance and Testing of Disaster Recovery.
- Assisting in the Migration of on-premises environment into Microsoft Azure.
- Azure PaaS and IaaS Support experience is essential. Whilst on the job training and mentorship will be available, it is essential that you have a demonstratable foundation to build upon.
- IT support experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Strong team-worker able to support junior team members as required
- Willing and able to expand and develop wide skills and knowledge
- Flexible approach and enthusiastic attitude
- Committed and self-motivated