An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Communications and Marketing Specialist within our Housing and Corporate Services Directorate. This is a newly created post and will be based within our Corporate Business team.
We are currently recruiting a Communications and Marketing Specialist to supplement the current communications and marketing arrangements within the Company. Working closely with third party agencies and contractors, the role will focus on supporting the effective delivery of the Communications Strategy and Social Media Strategy for South Tyneside Homes and associated companies. You will deliver a programme of activity to meet the needs of the separate ventures specific customers, delivering innovative and modern means of customer engagement.
You will be part of a high performing and motivated team with proven communications and marketing experience including social media management and producing a range of marketing and publicity materials. You will also be someone who can work with a range of individuals and stakeholders to achieve outcomes of a high standard within tight deadlines.
Overall objectives of the post
To support the effective delivery of the Communications Strategy and Social Media Strategy for South Tyneside Homes.
Create engaging communications and marketing content, keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
Key tasks of the post:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the Company social media strategy through applicable channels and platforms. You will:
- Plan and create dynamic written, graphic, and video content which is engaging, relevant and meets the organisation’s needs and requirements.
- Create content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on Company sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Co-ordinate and manage content plans, liaising with stakeholders to ensure a consistent stream of new content which continues to grow our brand and increase our presence and audience.
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Use data sources and tools to report and analyse the impact, success and efficiency of communications and marketing activities.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure customer queries are acknowledged and responded to effectively.
- You will be responsible for supporting delivery of the Company’s communications strategy and associated marketing activities. You will:
- Work closely with colleagues and stakeholders to develop marketing strategies and materials which meet corporate and individual service area objectives.
- Provide content for a full range of internal and external communication materials including advertisements, newsletters, publications, web and other forms of electronic media.
- Act as a key point of contact to ensure website content and other communication is kept up to date and meets all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements where applicable including UK GDPR.
- Work closely and liaise with colleagues, third parties and suppliers to ensure effective management and delivery of the Communication Strategy, contracts, applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and budgets.
- Oversee delivery of applicable actions which arise through business plans, service improvement objectives, action plans or strategies to enhance our communications offer.
- Encourage the use of Plain English throughout the organisation.
- Ensure brand compliance in all internal and external communications.
- Report against targets and performance measures, using any software or tools as appropriate.
- Support the delivery of any additional marketing and promotional activities of the business as required including email campaigns, customer incentives, events, media advertising, PR and promotional materials.
- Oversee the community management of communication channels to ensure customer enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Maintain relevant databases, produce reports and provide effective analysis to support decision making.
- Monitor and report on key competitor activity to ensure the organisation remains competitive in the industry.
- Support the completion and submission of relevant funding or awards submissions to build the Company’s brand and presence as appropriate.
- Support the development of policies, procedures, strategies and other documentation where required.
- Ensure a positive performance related culture within the teams delivering the highest standards of customer care, with priorities and targets understood by all staff.
- Ensure that you promote equality and value the diversity of colleagues, customers and partners, both in the delivery of services and in the workplace.
- Be responsible for communicating with colleagues both within the directorate and the organisation to aid consistency and the sharing of good practice.
- Participate and contribute to the delivery of all corporate and services objectives.
- Proactively support and work with other services within South Tyneside Homes and in partnership with other stakeholders, agencies, individuals and other groups to maximise income and achieve our financial inclusion objectives.
- Ensure that all risk management and health and safety arrangements operate effectively across the Company.
- Assist with the development of new initiatives and services to ensure that future business opportunities are appropriately considered.
- All employees have a responsibility to undertake training and development as required. They also have a responsibility to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees.
- All employees have a responsibility of care for their own and others health and safety.
- The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
- You are expected to have a flexible approach to your working hours which may include attending some out of hours meetings.
Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject or appropriate professional qualification.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Aptitudes:
- Relevant experience of working within a marketing environment.
- Experience of social media management in a business to customer (B2C) environment.
- Experience of producing a full range of marketing materials.
- Experience of providing a service to customers.
- Experience of writing and implementing marketing or communication plans.
- Experience of working with partners or senior officers.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Proven experience of developing social media campaigns.
- Experience of policies, procedure and strategy development.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of writing successful award submissions.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation including UK GDPR.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentational and communication skils
- Good ICT skills e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Good organisational and problem solving skills.
- Proof reading skills with attention to detail.
- Able to understand and present complex issues.
- Able to develop innovating marketing ideas.
- Proven social media skills and ability to use modern technology in the field.
- Ability to use specialist marketing or creative software effectively
- Able to plan, prioritise and work under conflicting pressures to meet tight deadlines
- Professional, calm, non-judgemental yet assertive.
- Confident individual and team player.
- Committed to the principles of equality and diversity.
- Consistently striving to achieve outcomes of a high standard.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Able to work outside normal working hours.
- Full current driving licence or access to a means of mobility support.
Please Note: South Tyneside Homes are not accepting direct or third party applications for this role, you MUST apply via Nigel Wright.
Full job details are available on request.