Founded in 2013 by Peter Joynson and Justin Short, Synergi continue to go from strength to strength. Their original aim of creating that next generation "born in the cloud" technology partner that provide independent digital solutions is certainly something that they are proud of achieving.
Over this challenging year for many of their clients, Synergi's ability to help them improve productivity, efficiency, security and insight has helped them grow their business offering.
We are delighted to partner with Synegi as they continue to add additional team members across the consultancy which will enable them to continue to provide the service their clients have come to expect. With their long term commitment to develop all of their people from graduates to consultants, there has never been a better time to join.
You will play a key role in providing first class technology services to primarily SME customers, where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop in a fast paced organisation and help continually develop the services. The business has a culture of team work, strong ethics and always going the extra mile for clients, whilst providing a highly positive working environment for the team.
In a primarily project based role you will take responsibility for the whole project lifecycle from working on pre-sales design, implementation right through to support.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver project migrations with proactive and reactive field support
- Plan and deliver on-site installation services including Cloud and Hybrid migration projects
- Onsite proactive delivery - Performance of regular scheduled service and maintenance compliance checks for Managed Service Clients
- Provide reactive 3rd line support - show Analytical approach to problem solving, responding to onsite incidents and returning services to an operational state
- Lead critical incident resolution including full system outages
- Provide high quality desktop, server and cloud platform support
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot complex environments
- Provide clear advice and guidance to clients for improving their environments
- Be seen as a trusted advisor on service issues and be able to communicate to every level within an organisation
- Communicate with 3rd party providers including hardware and application vendors to resolve complex multi-party issues
- Ensure workload is managed to deliver the service within clearly defined SLAs
- Ensure accuracy and completion of data entry based on incidents and problems
Some 24/7 on call cover maybe required
You will have undertaken a similar role within a MSP, where you must have managed projects and been solely responsible for leading some. You will possess broad technical skills across Windows server, SAN and networking and will be experienced in implementing O365 solutions. Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure will be beneficial though not essential.
Specifically you will have the following:
- A well-rounded skillset including implementation skills, remote support, onsite maintenance
- A proven track record of providing project implementations for at least 3 years prior
- Strong written and excellent verbal communication skills
- The ability to troubleshoot Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Support Windows server operating systems and Exchange on premises environments
- Complete understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS and DHCP
- Strong knowledge of Anti-Virus, Anti-Ransomware and security best practices
- In depth understanding of the Office 365 platform and security services
- Good level of knowledge of Azure VMs, Firewall, Backup and Configuration
- The ability to troubleshoot Virtualised on premise environments including Hyper-V and VMware
- Knowledge of and ability to monitor and troubleshoot Cloud and on premises backup technologies
- Good understanding of networking technologies with the ability to troubleshoot from desktop through to LAN, WAN and hosted services
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and basic principals
- Good understanding of commercial aspects of service agreements
Beneficial skills include:
- Basic SQL Skills including backup, maintenance schedules and high level troubleshooting
- Ability to deploy new services e.g. Office 365 migrations or Cloud server migrations
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot Disaster Recovery (DR) technology
- Experience of Virtual Desktop and virtualised applications using Citrix technology
- ITIL Foundation or Practitioner accreditations
- Experience of hardware deployments including Server and SAN technologies
- Prior experience or qualification in PRINCE 2 Project Management
Professional certifications would also be beneficial though as Synergi are committed to personal development you will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills and 1 day per month is dedicated to this where you can gain certifications from Microsoft, Sophos, Meraki, HPE and others.