Fentimans Ltd is a privately-owned premium drinks business based in Hexham, Northumberland. They produce a range of botanically brewed soft beverages and mixers that have a reputation for taste and quality and have made great progress in recent years, building a solid position in the UK premium drinks market. In addition to the UK, they have a rapidly growing international business, serving consumers in 75 countries worldwide.
There is now an opportunity for a highly numerate candidate with strong Excel skills, to take on a maternity cover contract.
The purpose of the Category Planning Manager role is to analyse internal and external data sources, providing insight to the sales team and wider Fentimans business. This will involve managing the internal sales forecasting process and analysing large in-market / category datasets.
The role will provide clarity to the business on key drivers of performance, together with a forward looking 12 month sales forecast. This insight will be instrumental in providing recommendations on how the Fentimans business will continue to deliver future growth.
The Category Planning Manager will be responsible for the analysis of both internal and external data sources to provide insight. It is a highly numerate role and therefore advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential.
Using internal data sources the role will be responsible for:
- Collating and managing a monthly sales forecast which looks 12 months out at product level for all customers.
- Leading a monthly ‘Business Review Process’ to interpret and communicate the forward sales forecast.
- Monitoring sales performance vs forecast and the annual sales budget on an ongoing basis.
- Analysing internal sales data to provide insight by channel, customer, format and flavour.
- Managing the internal Salesforce CRM data system.
Using external data sources the role will be responsible for:
- Analysing Nielsen (Epos) and CGA (Panel) category data sources.
- Providing insight and recommendations on key category growth drivers (distribution, range, price, promotional efficiency, competition, NPD performance).
- Present insight and recommendations to retailers leading up to key range change windows, and on an ongoing basis.
- Writing category selling presentations for key customers, NPD launches, and initiatives.
- Supporting the development of growth initiatives by providing insight to NPD and Marketing teams.
- Experience in a highly numerate role with advances Excel skills.
- Degree educated in an analytical / numerate specialism.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Ability to simplify complex data into understandable trends and recommendations.
- Strong, clear and confident presentation skills
- Experience using Epos and panel data
- FMCG experience
- Salesforce experience.