We are delighted to be representing one of our clients, a well established organisation with a strong presence in the North East in the search for a SQL DBA for a fixed term contract up to 12 months to cover Maternity. This position will be responsible for managing SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments.
Role: SQL DBA
Duration: 12 month Maternity Cover
Salary: Up to £50,000
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Data Warehouse ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads and performing data modelling in support of multiple development teams.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments from development to mission critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes including monitoring of system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meets integration and performance expectations
- Assisting developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Maintain key stakeholder relationships
Desirable but not essential:
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Several years of practical MS SQL Server administration experience
- Experience of working with development teas and clients to scope technical requirements
- Broad range of technical infrastructure skills
- Comfortable with Unix and Windows OS
Please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. If successful, a consultant will be in touch to discuss the next steps.