As an experienced DevOps Engineer, ideally public cloud experience, ideally AWS, you will possess Linux system administration skills, preferably experience with CentOS. In addition you will have:
- Strong knowledge of Docker and docker-compose.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines in software such as Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Automation and scripting skills, including at least a basic knowledge of both Python and Bash.
- Familiarity with configurations languages including YAML and JSON.
- Basic competence with version control solutions such as Git
- Basic competence with Ansible and Terraform
- Understanding of web-based applications and software engineering processes.
- The ability to work from multiple sources including tickets and kanban boards, and experience prioritising such workload at the same time as critical events/incidents.
- A calm and logical approach during a critical event.
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve issues independently.
- Self-learner, ability to document learning as experience is gained.
- Experience as part of a team supporting and maintaining infrastructure.
- A passion for technology.
- Technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In addition the following will be beneficial:
- A good understanding of general computing concepts including servers, networking, virtualisation and security.
- Experience using container orchestration solutions such as Nomad, Kubernetes and DCOS.
- Personal experience developing software in any programming language.
- A keen interest in development, new technologies and innovation.
- Experience writing quality documentation to distribute to customers and colleagues.
- Experience of ticket systems like JIRA and documentation solutions such as Confluence.
- Use of MySQL and PostgreSQL.
Remote working will be allowed as long as you can be in the office c. 1 day per week.