The Dev Ops Engineer will support the activities of the technical team by providing the necessary on-prem and cloud based build and test environments, tools and supporting services. Specifically you will:
- Assist in the definition and implementation of the Geoteric build and test execution environments.
- Configure appropriate cloud capabilities to support the company's strategic objectives.
- Provide data security assurance and technical support to maintain data integrity.
- Monitor and optimise the build and test systems to maximise performance.
- Maintain, debug and expand build capabilities on a day to day basis.
- Automate software build, test and deployment tasks.
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure any issues are resolved promptly.
- Implement the automation of system builds across multiple platforms.
- Maintain and enhance version control systems including cloud capabilities.
- Help developers optimise the build, test and release pipeline.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues within development and production environments.
- Respond to technical escalations from the customer support desk
With a successful track record in fast moving, on-prem, hybrid and cloud centric DevOps using agile methodologies, you will have the ability to engage consultatively with technical teams and other key stakeholders. With commercial experience with one or more public cloud vendors such as AWS or Azure, you will also possess:
- Experience of dealing effectively with conflicting priorities and requirements.
- A track record of driving solutions that resulted in measurable productivity benefits.
- Experience of build/release/test pipelines and automation.
- A detailed understanding of source control systems such as Git or Mercurial.
- Strong knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
- Broad experience of hardware both server and desktop.
- Identify and implement improvements in quality or systems/processes.
- A passion for learning new technologies.
- Experience of Windows and Linux.
- Experience of working within an agile environment.