We are delighted to be supporting a diversified global business which has a growing presence across healthcare, life sciences, drug discovery and other related sectors.
To provide the primary point of contact between the IS Helpdesk and the rest of the IS department and the site internal customers with IS support needs. This will involve an understanding of customer needs and requirements and the ability to provide second or third level configuration problem solving support on standard PC packages.
- Answer and log helpdesk calls, directing other analysts to respond on a priority basis
- Respond to the customer placing the helpdesk call by visiting and obtaining full details of the problem or request, resolve the issue if possible, but if not escalate issue to a specialist within the department back via the helpdesk
- Provide second and third level configuration problem solving support and diagnostics on standard PC packages; one of the main tasks is to provide user configuration support to ensure that applications are working correctly, and the users can use the various resources
- Perform operational tasks as per operational task list such as server backups and disaster recovery testing, disk space usage, check for physical faults.
- Support account administration for new, existing, and exiting staff. This will include network and application specific authority using Active Directory and other tools.
- Configuration support covers the correct configuration of products that users may be likely to change, e.g., tools / options, file locations, printer setup, file authorities, network linkages etc.
- To coach users, explaining what the solution is and let the user fix it themselves with the analyst’s support
- Possess a high level of awareness and appreciation of what options are available
- Provide support for installation and configuration of PC based software packages
Please apply with an up to date CV and if successful, a consultant will be in touch to discuss the next steps.