Our client, Castle MacLellan Foods, a highly successful and growing Chilled food manufacturer are looking to recruit a Site Operations Manager for their business in Kirkcudbright, Dumfries & Galloway.
Part of the Kavli Group, the Company’s core values of teamwork, ambition, long term thinking and continuous improvement are central to the success of the business.
Castle MacLellan was acquired by Kavli in 1997 as a pate manufacturing business that supplied into retail. They have continued to grow and have successfully diversified into cheese and vegan products, supplying both branded and private label to the major retailers.
Reporting to the UK MD, this is an integral role within the Kavli Group as well as playing a vital part in the wider community of Dumfries & Galloway
The role enjoys full site responsibility across Production, Engineering, Technical, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Health & Safety and Forecasting with all stakeholders working together collaboratively.
The Site Operations Manager will focus on delivering the appropriate customer requirements both efficiently and cost effectively, alongside the development of a broader organisational improvement programme, which is key to moving the business towards its aim of being a World Class Food Company.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
• Lead and motivate a team of operational, technical and product development colleagues
• Engage all colleagues in a programme of lean manufacturing, identify methods and utilising tools and techniques to reduce waste and improve efficiencies
• Provide direction to the reporting departments to ensure that the production plan and customer requirements are fulfilled
• Successfully identify and manage KPIs which are aligned both to the UK business strategy and Castle MacLellan production targets.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has a proven track record in optimising plant performance with their people and embedding a positive lean culture on site, with a collaborative but challenging approach.
Some of the key qualities and attributes we are looking for are:
• Experience in a plant management role within the food industry
• Collaborative approach to key stakeholder management
• Proven success managing site P&L
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Experience playing a proactive part in the wider business community of the local area