South Tyneside Homes are a social housing organisation that manages estates and council housing on behalf of South Tyneside Council, delivering excellent services in neighbourhoods through empowered and motivated staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Finance Officer within their Asset and Property Services Directorate. This is a newly created post and will be based within the Operational Support Team.
The Finance Officer will supplement the current financial management arrangements within the Company. The role will focus on providing budget holders financial and management information to understand strategic and operational issues within the directorate and inform decision making. The role will also work with management, budget holders and the council to ensure effective budget setting, control and management.
- Professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CIMA etc.) or working towards this.
- Significant experience of strategic financial planning.
- Significant experience of producing management accounts.
- Substantial experience working on budgets and forecasts.
- Substantial experience of working with budget holders and other managers.
- Proficient use of IT, especially Microsoft Excel and financial management systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial information in written and oral format.
- The ability to prioritise workload.
- A confident and outgoing personality, with the ability to build rapport with others.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced finance candidate who is looking for a varied role that provides more responsibility, a chance to assist in streamlining systems and development in commercial business partnering. With a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a company that supports employee development, this is a fantastic opportunity to shape your career.
This role is being handled on a retained basis via Nigel Wright. please forward your CV in the first instance to Samantha.Dent@NigelWright.com or Katie.Hewitt@NigelWright.com.