Nigel Wright is pleased to be working with a global manufacturing business, to recruit a Shipping Clerk for their plant in Teesside.
This role is accountable for ensuring that the Shipping Documentation is satisfactorily prepared to ensure on time delivery of product to global customers; some of the key responsibilities are:
- Completion of all necessary documentation for the transport of product by air and sea freight to Global customers and by road transport for European customers
- Understand Incoterms and produce documentation according to customer orders and taking into account the customs requirements of each country
- To be aware of the requirements and conditions concerning the transportation of Hazardous material Dangerous Goods Classes, UN numbers and Packing groups to comply with IATA, ADR, and IMDG regulations
- Contact Freight Forwarders for freight bookings and collection arrangements for the despatch of goods by Air, Road and Sea
- Work closely with the Customer Service Team to arrange shipment of customer orders promptly and in accordance to their requirements; ensuring any issues are reported and key stakeholders are kept informed
The successful candidate will display the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of working within Shipping/Logistics/Export in an administrative capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements relating to the carriage of Dangerous Goods & Hazardous Materials
- Understanding of the documentation requirements on an international level.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Focus on customer service
- Proactive attitude , adept at problem solving
- Excellent communication skills