Nigel Wright Recruitment has been appointed as the retained partner to Deep Sea Electronics (DSE) for the recruitment of a sales leader for three of the four Company product groups. As well as heading up the business development and internal sales teams, the successful hire will take ownership of several key strategic customer relationships. The P + L accountability for this role is in excess of £30m and the number of direct reports sits at circa 15 heads.
This is a fantastic leadership opportunity in a high growth, high margin business which operates globally and invests in technology and research and development to maintain brand leadership in its markets.
DSE is one of the world's leading manufacturers of generator controllers, auto transfer switch controllers, battery chargers and vehicle & off-highway controllers. The company employs over 200 people across four continents and sells its products to 150 countries from the UK headquarters and through a comprehensive global distributor network.
- Providing proactive leadership and direction to the global sales, marketing and customer support teams, ensuring they achieve and exceed their objectives and targets.
- Developing strategy, sales and marketing planning, market and profit targets.
- Increasing market share in existing markets and maximising new business development opportunities.
- Owning key strategic customer relationships.
- Leading negotiations with customers and external agents / distributors and cultivating long-term customer relationships.
- Identifying new markets and new sales channels.
- Reporting sales pipeline, forecasts and actual performance versus budget upline to the board.
- Monitoring competitor's products, services and prices.
- Attending exhibitions and trade fairs to promote DSE products and services.
- Contributing to the company's product road map.
- Managing the product portfolio, including both new product introductions and obsolescence.
- Developing a reputation for industry leading knowledge and thought leadership.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders across the business and at all levels of the hierarchy.
- The post holder will likely split their time circa 75% international travel, 25% at the North Yorkshire headquarters.
- A proven track record of sales leadership in a B2B industrial environment.
- Experience of sales both direct to OEMs and through distributors.
- A background operating in a global environment with an understanding of cultures and sales routes in different continents.
- Ideally degree qualified in a technical / engineering discipline.
- The ability to engage with internal and customer engineering functions regarding technical product specifications and requirements.
- Experience within a high margin, high growth organisation would be advantageous.
- The successful individual will need to be commutable to the company headquarters in Hunmanby North Yorkshire, Monday to Friday.
Please apply online or contact email@example.com for further information. Please note that Nigel Wright Recruitment is retained on this vacancy, so any direct applicants or third-party CV submissions will be forwarded for consideration as part of our process.