Nigel Wright is delighted to be working with a complex industrial organisation, based in Teesside to recruit an Electrical Project Engineer. They are in a period of continued growth and investment, and are expanding their Engineering team to support this.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Director, the role will support their site Capital Project Engineering team.
- Ensure consistency of approach to engineering and design, through close liaison with the internal engineering team, engineering contractor, and discipline engineers.
- Assist in the coordination of all engineering and design activities, in particular discipline engineering and design, materials management, cost, planning and construction.
- Assist in delivery of project progress reports, project reviews, discussions with engineering contractors, equipment suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in the preparation and development of project specifications, drawings, documentation, procurement enquiries, tender documentation and purchase orders.
Projects vary in size from £250,000 to £50 million and you will be working on multiple projects at any one time.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum qualification to degree level in Electrical Engineering or related subject.
- Experience of a similar Project role in a Civil, Manufacturing or Industrial environment.
- Or experience in a design focused role, with a desire to progress to a Project Engineer position.
- Experience of working through all stages of major Capital Projects.
- Experience in plant automation (PLC/ DCS/ SCADA systems).
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large complex large organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a business in a period of such significant investment, and support their ongoing growth.