Fentimans are a rapidly growing, privately owned SME that have been making naturally botanical drinks for over 100 years. They pride themselves on using natural ingredients and flavours, and a time-honoured botanical brewing process to create superior, unrivalled drinks. They utilise the highest quality ingredients that are sourced from specialist suppliers.
By taking a truly innovative approach, whilst being sensitive to their customer requirements, Fentimans has achieved extensive growth over the last few years. They have invested significantly in NPD and the launch of new packaging, both of which have inevitably had a positive impact on UK and international sales.
Currently implementing a 5 year growth strategy, they require an experienced production and supply operations manager to embark on a journey to lead a team of direct reports and support the wider supply chain operations in delivering an operational excellence program building operational capability over the next 3-5 years.
Fentimans are looking for an experienced Production and Supply Operations Manager to lead an internal, process led improvement program introducing best practice and monthly business cycle to:
- Develop a new Customer Centric led manufacturing, Supply Planning team and Export Customer service team
- Drive a process led operational improvement plan
- Embed in house manufacturing into Operations (internal transfer)
- Internally improve automation of our planning processes (supporting CI manager) that drives efficiency and added value through our overall supply chain
- Introducing a S&OP process within 6 months for future success
- Introduce a formal change management /SKU management process that supports medium (4-12months) and long term (2-3 year) planning
- Deliver year on year cost savings and continuous improvement
Supporting day to day Operations execution there is a need to externally manage key 3rd party partners;
- Manage 3rd party outsourced manufacturing initially in UK and European – support potential development of 3rd Party manufacturing other global locations
- Manage the UK 3PL warehouse and distribution activities
in order to drive key performance improvements in Right First Time, Quality and ultimately On Time In Full to customers.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Degree educated or equivalent with demonstrable experience working across manufacturing and supply chain within Food or Drink
- An analytical mindset, whilst having a natural ability to influence process
- Proven experience successfully managing direct reports
- Financial/budget management