Hays Travel: The UK’s largest independent travel agent is adding to their HR team following an impressive year of growth. A hugely successful 2019 saw the Group buy the entire retail portfolio of Thomas Cook seeing the UK firm grow to nearly 700 branches.
A Company with people at its heart, they are recognised as a Sunday Times’ 100 Best Companies to Work For in the UK and have been awarded the prestigious Investors in People Silver status and are proud to operate a People driven culture.
In 2020, there is an impressive People agenda as the Company sees the workforce reach over 5,000. Some of the exciting initiatives include;
- Bringing together the HR, Recruitment and Training functions to work together as one People team to support our 5,000 colleagues;
- Introduction of a regionalised HR and Training function to business partner the branches for future success through people;
- Hiring and training 700 new Apprentices to support our Hays branches across the UK and Head Office team in Sunderland;
- Expansion of the Ofsted Approved Hays Travel Academy;
- Implementation of an industry leading HR, Recruitment, Training and Payroll system to drive improvement in business processes and operational efficiency.
The Company specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service and requires a Regional HR Officer to drive operational People priorities. The organisation believes that having a highly motivated and engaged workforce will improve customer retention and ultimately drive business performance. The HR Officer is pivotal in ensuring the People agenda contributes to the business agenda, driving results.
This is a brand new role within the HR team and will work closely with the Regional Manager and Management team to drive performance through the people strategy.
Key elements of the role include;
- supporting the Regional Manager and Management teams with ER casework
- coaching and developing Branch Managers and Area Managers
- driving high performance standards
- employee engagement initiatives
- working closely with the central HR team in Sunderland, providing data and insights
- working with managers to manage absence effectively
This role will require a high degree of travel throughout the Midlands (both East and West)
You will have a good level of HR and employee relations experience gained in a similar environment such as retail, hospitality or care sector. Multi site experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload of self and others and to work on own initiative
- Ability to carry out training and instruction at all levels
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as a member of a large HR team
Please contact Sue O'Donovan for a confidential discussion about the role on 01912690778