The UK’s largest independent travel agent is adding to their HR team in Sunderland following an impressive year of growth. A hugely successful 2019 saw the Group buy the entire retail portfolio of Thomas Cook seeing the UK firm grow to nearly 700 branches.
A Company with people at its heart, they are recognised as a Sunday Times’ 100 Best Companies to Work For in the UK and have been awarded the prestigious Investors in People Silver status and are proud to operate a People driven culture.
In 2020, there is an impressive People agenda as the Company sees the workforce reach over 5,000. Some of the exciting initiatives include;
- Bringing together the HR, Recruitment and Training functions to work together as one People team to support our 5,000 colleagues;
- Introduction of a regionalised HR and Training function to business partner the branches for future success through people;
- Hiring and training 700 new Apprentices to support our Hays branches across the UK and Head Office team in Sunderland;
- Expansion of the Ofsted Approved Hays Travel Academy;
- Implementation of an industry leading HR, Recruitment, Training and Payroll system to drive improvement in business processes and operational efficiency.
The Company specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service and requires an experienced HR Manager to lead and embed the new regional HR structure which includes 6 field based HR Officers. The organisation believes that having a highly motivated and engaged workforce will improve customer retention and ultimately drive business performance, the newly formed field based HR team will work closely with the Regional Managers to drive engagement initiatives and proactively support employee employee relations issues.
Key elements of the role include;
- embedding the new Regional HR structure across the UK, ensuring the Regional HR Officers work effectively with the Regional Management teams
- supporting more complex ER cases and escalating where necessary
- bringing the people and engagement strategy to life through practical initiatives
- ensuring a consistent approach to employee relations is adapted across the whole UK business
- setting the right objectives for the field based team to drive positive outcomes
- working with the Regional Managers to drive the talent and succession strategy
- ensuring the culture of the organisation is retained and embraced across the whole UK workforce
The successful candidate will be results driven and will have proven experience of leading field based teams in a similar sector such as retail, leisure or hospitality. You will be a highly experienced HR professional who has expertise in the following areas;
- establishing and measuring high performance standards within the team
- highly experienced in employee relations with proven track record of handling complex cases
- natural leadership skills
- ability to work as part of a highly experienced team and build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- experience of leading change and transformation within the HR function itself would be highly desirable
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Sue O'Donovan on 01912690778 or send your CV in to us directly