As part of a growing team, you will split your time equally both providing first class 3rd line technical support across both their virtualised and cloud estate as well as leading projects. Specifically you will
- Work proactively to ensure that all knowledge information is maintained and updated on an on-going basis
- Work with 2nd line analysts to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Provide work-arounds and solutions to get users working quickly
- Take escalations from junior members of the team and following these through to resolution
- Work on important infrastructure changes and change management
- Delegate tasks to other engineers
- Work proactively to ensure that all knowledge documentation is maintained and updated on an on-going basis
- Participate in an on-call rota as required
- Act as a technical mentor to your peers for core technologies.
With some cloud (AWS or Azure) operational experience, you will possess experience of supporting, installing and modifying all version of Microsoft Windows server up to Windows 2019 and standard Microsoft applications. In addition, you will have:
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of Active Directory Services
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare
- Demonstrable understanding of network infrastructure (Security/DHCP/DNS)
- Experience of supporting Technical projects
- Understanding and appreciation of the ITIL Framework
- Experience of administrating and supporting backup solutions such as Veeam
Any experience in Citrix XenApp/Remote Desktop Services and Database support such as SQL inc Azure, Redshift would be beneficial.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious infrastructure professional to expand their cloud skills in both AWS and Azure, where support in gaining certifications will be provided.