Local social housing organisation is looking to recruit an IT Project Delivery Officer to enable them to identify, implement and deliver innovative solutions to improve services and their effectiveness in dealing with customers.
As an IT Project Delivery Officer, you will work with services to design, manage and deliver new business solutions through a project management methodology and working practices to improve service delivery. In addition you will be responsible in providing a business partnering approach in identifying what IT solutions will benefit the organisation.
Specifically your responsibilities will be:
- To analyse, design, plan , coordinate and deliver projects in partnership with project customer, suppliers and other stakeholders within budget and to a project methodology, to the agreed specification, timescale and outputs
- To be the key contact with software and hardware vendors and to be responsible for and ensure solutions are fully assessed, implemented, integrated , and tested with existing software & hardware configurations
- To evaluate and assess any IT solutions to ensure that they are compatible with existing and proposed IT systems
- To be responsible for the initial administration of the IT solution upon implementation, liaising with IT provider as required and transitioning administration to the support function of the IT Team.
- Design and agree project plans and methodologies for all agreed projects
- As part of the project plan scope and agree goals and measures of success of the project.
- Identify and design IT solutions in partnership with services, suppliers and other stakeholders which deliver internal and external improvements
- To test implemented solutions to ensure they meet the agreed outcomes / outputs of the project
- To document IT solution so that it can be managed, maintained and operate as a standard system and process
- Conduct a post project audit to measure and evaluate success of project and identify and best practice and lessons learned
In addition you will mentor IT apprentices, identifying tasks and tracking progress.
With excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills, you will be confident in working with non IT colleagues ensuring that you understand their business practices and requirements and translate that into innovative business solutions.
As a qualified Project Manager, you will be able to demonstrate measurable outcomes, along with the ability to design, manage and deliver solutions to services on time and within budget. Ideally with an IT background, you will have a track record of delivering solutions, can identify and overcome barriers and be able to display a problem solving outlook to project management. Experience of dealing with 3rd party suppliers will be beneficial.