Nigel Wright Technology is pleased to be working with Tharsus, a specialist equipment manufacturer, who are looking to grow their new data division based out of Blyth.
The Tharsus culture is innovative and fast moving and they encourage their staff to have a problem-solving and collaborative approach. Following a number of successful years Tharsus are building a data science consultancy who will offer a bespoke service to their customer base. To support the data scientists they are looking to recruit a small team of developers who'll design and build a dashboard platform that will display the results.
You will take a lead role in the design and development of dashboard applications to display the results of analysis by the data scientists. As a key member of this team, you’ll be instrumental in developing web, cloud and database solutions to manage and deliver the data analytics services to customers.
- You’ll love programming and have outstanding technical skills, as well as be eager to work in a growing business environment, surrounded by great people.
- You’ll be comfortable with the unknown, relish a challenge, be eager to learn and keen to be an integral part of a brilliant team shaping the business.
- You’ll keep up with the latest advancements in your field, including both hardware and software.
- You’ll have one ear to the ground in relation to libraries, frameworks and other services that could aid your working process.
- You’ll take pride in conceiving and building brilliant, scalable and resilient software and also believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery.
- You’ll seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge and be keen to learn from, and teach others, whether they be in our office, at conferences or online.
We need you to have:
- Web development projects that you are proud of
- A track record of getting stuff done
- Experience with UI / UX design
It'll be great if you do have:
- Experience with using cloud services like Azure
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in server side programming languages like Python or C# and version control
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
What you'll do and learn
- You’ll get exposure to, and learn about, many aspects of the business as you develop web based solutions for our data analytics services.
- You’ll be key in architecting and shaping our solutions as you apply your skills to delight customers.
- We’ll genuinely encourage and support you to grow your technical skills, so that we’re sure that together we are always delivering brilliant products.