Founded in 1893, Henry Colbeck are the oldest independent supplier to the fish & chip sector in the UK and remain a family owned and family managed business with a culture and values to match.
Based in Gateshead, England with a depot in Coatbridge just outside Glasgow, Henry Colbeck supply products and services to the North of England and Scotland.
The fleet of over thirty 18T-26T LGVs is capable of delivering both frozen and ambient products throughout the North East of England, Yorkshire, Cumbria and Scotland to over 2,500 customers and provide a minimum of twice weekly deliveries, in almost every area.
Henry Colbeck prides itself on being ‘More than just a supplier’ and to live up to our own billing we actively seek to recruit candidates who can demonstrate their desire to go ‘above and beyond’.
If you are passionate about customer service and continuous improvement and believe that your skills and experience fit the role and personal profile below, then why not get in touch?
As Transport Manager you will report into the Group Operations Director.
The focus of the role is to provide Henry Colbeck Customers with an exceptional service by providing operations management and coordination in a fast paced FMCG environment, ensuring improvements in service performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability whilst maintaining compliance and process quality standards to ISO 9001 within budgeted costs.
You will lead the development of a strong Health and Safety culture to ensure compliance to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Legal requirements.
For this leadership role, Henry Colbeck are looking for a candidate with excellent customer service skills who has had a strong career in transport management, is a CPC holder with a comprehensive understanding of transport legal compliance and someone who can drive service excellence within the Gateshead Depot.
Candidates will also be able to demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills,
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Be a strong critical thinker and problem-solver
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and organise own and teams workload.
- Adept at conflict management and persuasion.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Promote a proactive and inclusive working environment.
- Well developed understanding of distribution and warehousing technologies and continually update own knowledge base and skills.
- Fully understands Health and Safety legislation relating to the organisation and the role i.e. (Working Time Directive, Risk Assessments, Accident/Near Miss Investigation, COSHH and RIDDOR and some or full knowledge of HACCP principles)
- Be able to manage relationships with 3rd party logistics providers for nationwide deliveries of bulk oil to large food processors
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Sound knowledge of business and management principles.
- An excellent performance manager with skills to motivate a team
- Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience at management level in a relevant industry (e.g. Food Retail, Chilled and Ambient Distribution, Express Distribution and Warehousing)
- Knowledge of legislation relating to environmental protection
- The ability to comply with all Company policies and procedures and deliver within the standards of all certification bodies i.e.: ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environmental & BRC (where applicable)
- Full driving licence