Contact us

Senior Embedded Systems & Delivery Engineer

North East England

  • Reference: 382103
  • Job type: Permanent
  • Salary: Competitive + Benefits
  • Location: County Durham

The Company

Nigel Wright is delighted to be working with Martel Instruments, a local OEM with global reach.  With design and manufacturing facilities all under one roof, Martel has the flexibility to provide print and data solution across a range of industry sectors including medical, automotive & instrumentation. 

Martel Instruments are a growing OEM based in the heart of Durham. With over 40 years’ experience in the design of handheld, customised printing systems, the business is now making inroads into emerging markets, notably with the VIDA Project.

VIDA is a bespoke solution which by using the Linux platform,  enables reliable, error-free measurement recordings whilst providing 100% accuracy. With a focus on the Cleanroom/ Lab industries, VIDA has made exciting gains in both the UK and the US with several leading Fortune 500 Companies enquiring about the project and its capability.

Due to the cutting-edge design model, the product completely eradicates the need for paper recording and captures all data in digital format, ready to be worked with. VIDA will work on custom-led basis in which any communication device/software can be integrated due to the products’ sophistication. Effectively, through the design, manufacture and supply process; Martel will work closely with the customer in order to develop  bespoke solutions that meets the day-to-day requirements of the end user.

As a result of innovation and growth, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Embedded Systems & Delivery Engineer to deliver the technology of its VIDA project whilst working with some of the worlds most recognised brands across the globe.

The Role

Martel has successfully introduced new products using the Linux platform into various new markets, specifically in laboratory applications, and the role is to continue to develop and implement applications from the core using Linux.

You will be using Linux to develop and manage the creation of value enhancing applications at system and application level. Likewise, you will work closely with Martel’s commercial team as well as supporting the business at a strategic and tactical level to its worldwide customer base.

It is envisioned that 75% of time will be developing applications with the remaining 25% being in a  customer facing support role (There will be some infrequent travel 3-4 times a year)

Your technical responsibilities will include:

  • Programming Linux software in C/ C++
  • Kernel maintenance & development
  • Product mapping
  • Project Management & delivery
  • Developing applications using various software tools
  • Analogue & Digital fundamentals – Microprocessors
  • PCB Layout packages (Experience not required)
  • Design for Quality/ Test/ Manufacture

About you

 
You will be degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Or hold equivalent experience) and have strong experience in programming/developing Linux software. You will have a strong commercial mind given the customer facing aspects the role requires. Your ability to self-manage and record/detail documentation is of key to the ongoing development of this new and exciting technology.

The team at Martel Instruments are hardworking, committed people who collectively support one another on various projects/ tasks. Whilst the VIDA Project will work closely with some of the worlds most recognisable brands within the Lab/Pharma industries, Martel operate in an inclusive, family-like manner which gives their employees ownership and responsibility to drive and grow their careers.

This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take an exciting project from concept through to delivery.


Job contact