Cumberland Building Society is a mutual financial institution established in 1850, headquartered in Carlisle, Cumbria in the North West of England. It is the UK’s tenth largest building society. The Society’s operating area comprises Cumbria and the adjacent areas of Dumfries & Galloway, North Lancashire and West Northumberland. It operates a network of 34 branches in this area. The society employs circa 500 people across the branch network and its Head Office in Carlisle. It is Cumbria’s largest financial institution.
Lead and manage a portfolio of conduct and operational risk themed audits whilst balancing timescales, budgetary and resource challenges to complete and deliver the plan and to the wider development of Internal Audit‘s talent and capabilities, taking a leading role in the identification, , scheduling, monitoring and peer review of conduct/operational risk themed audits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively applying risk-based planning methodology, support the Head of Internal Audit and the wider IA team in developing, monitoring, resourcing and continuously evolving, an overall audit plan that is flexible and responsive to changing business environment
- Own and supervise the delivery of assigned portfolio of audits
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in developing the team‘s talent and maximising its productivity.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in building credible, partnership-based, relationships with key stakeholders in aligned BU’s and other assurance functions
Successful candidates should have:
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in Conduct/Operational Risk and associated regulations in a financial services environment
- Knowledge of financial services and business change
- Proven relationship management skills, with a track record of engaging and influencing key stakeholders
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. project management, accounting, internal audit or risk)
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and deliver in a fast-moving commercial environment