Thanks to Nick, Liz and Robin for their useful insights into their careers within the talent space. It was a great opportunity for us to bring together individuals within our international talent network. They helped explain career opportunities available for people within the talent profession and the challenges they face within their respective industries.
As well as learning about their careers to date, each were able to bring to life talent acquisition within each of their organisations and demonstrate the value they add.
We organise webinars such as this to enable our extensive network to learn from industry experts, network with their peers and to support their personal and professional development. Contact Sue O’Donovan or Shona Thom if you would like to be added to our network of Talent Acquisition leaders.
Diversity & inclusion at Virgin Money
1. Implementing a new team structure that provided career development. Each Talent Acquisition professional specialised in a particular area, enabling them to become experts in the vertical specialisms they serve.
2. Data capture enabled greater reporting on candidate source, internal/agency hire split, time to offer, cost to hire. Qualitative reporting on service levels was introduced through a monthly hiring manager satisfaction survey. Data was shared monthly and success celebrated.
3. Internal hiring where possible ensured internal staff had visibility of vacancies meaning almost 50% of vacancies were then filled internally. This is supported with a talent calibration process every 6 months.
4. By utilising their powerful internal network their staff enable 24% of direct hires to arise from staff referrals.
5. The selection framework is based around desired Greencore behaviours with process and assessment tools
6. Trust and credibility is the centre of everything. It’s how thet add value internally by stating their commitments and meeting dealines on time. They moved from reactive to a proactive/consultative service.
Liz Liddle, Group Talent Acquisition Manager at Arriva plc
Liz had a 20-year career at Deutsche Bank in London in Programme Management within IT. While at a career crossroads, she was asked to run the Graduate Programme for IT and so began her career within Talent.
She moved to her native North East in 2015 and spent 3 years as the Strategic Resourcing Manager at Virgin Money. Here the focus was on diversity and gender balance and Liz set up Apprenticeship programmes and returner programmes for women and people leaving the armed forces. Liz is currently the Group Talent Acquisition Manager at Arriva, where she is enjoying ‘joining the dots’ with other colleagues across Talent to find, hire and develop the leadership population across the Group.
Robin Morle, Head of Talent Acquisition at Greencore
Having spent almost 14 years in agency recruitment, 11 at Nigel Wright, Robin made the transition into an internal function by joining Greencore in 2018 as Head of Talent Acquisition. As Head of Talent Acquisition Robin is responsible for all recruitment activities across the Group.
Greencore is one of the UK’s leading own label food manufacturers with an annual turnover of £1.5bn and employing 11,500 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites. They supply all the UK’s food retailers, with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Nick Lee, Director of Global HR Operations at Burberry
Nick spent 7 years in commercial recruitment working for various organisation across the UK. Returning to the North East, he managed to jump into internal recruitment, working inhouse for an Oil and Gas contractor. This evolved into a broader HR role and involved developing Apprenticeships and Graduate programmes. Nick joined Balfour Beatty at the inception of their Shared Service journey, working in inhouse recruitment and generalist Business Partner roles before running Balfour Beatty’s UK HR Operations.In February 2020 Nick joined Burberry to lead their Global HR Operations team. He has regional teams in New York, Hong Kong and Leeds supporting 10k staff with back office HR. They have a significant transformation agenda across core HR IS and Payroll systems.
This report provides insight into the salaries, skills and benefits received by professionals in the North East this year.
Thanks for submitting your details. Your download will start shortly.
By submitting your details you have read and understood our Privacy Notice