About the company
WELLA Company is one of the world’s leading beauty companies, comprised of a family of iconic brands such as Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI, Nioxin and ghd. With 6,000 employees globally, presence in over 100 countries, Wella Company and its brands enable consumers to look, feel, and be their true selves. As innovators in the hair and nail industry, Wella Company empowers its people to delight consumers, inspire beauty professionals, engage communities, and deliver sustainable growth to its stakeholders.
The corporate accountant acts as the right-hand of the Legal Entity Controller in providing accounting, compliance, tax and treasury advisory support to the Wella operating legal entities in the Nordics region with legal entities in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. You will take on the ownership of the balance sheet, drive the month-end closing activities and support with the preparations of the statutory financial statements in accordance with statutory and group financial reporting requirements (US GAAP). You will ensure compliance with Record-To-Report controls and support monitoring of compliance with formal group controls and management controls.
The corporate accountant will be the key point of contact for internal and external auditors, organizational accounting questions and the tax offices.
- Ownership of the balance sheet, including performing account reconciliations and analysis and preparing correcting journals
- Support month- quarter- and year-end closing activities by preparing journals, preparing analytical reviews for discussions with management and addressing accounting questions
- Ensure that reporting timelines are met and have a good collaboration with the SSC team
- Support with preparation of group reporting package
- Ad-hoc preparation of accounting position papers
- Preparation of Weekly Liquidity Forecast
- Support with preparation of statutory financial statements in local GAAP, including Corporate Income Tax calculations
- Support with internal control testing within Record-to-Report and support with the monitoring of compliance with formal group controls and management controls
- Provide accounting administrative support and training as needed (e.g. account inquiries, accruals, GAAP guidance, corporate policies and procedures etc.)
- Support internal and external audits by providing audit schedules, support and responding to inquiries
- Preparation of direct- and review of indirect tax preparations
- Monitor tax compliance obligations and arrange for timely preparation of direct and indirect tax filings
You thrive at working in a dynamic, international environment and building strong relationships. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You have an eye for detail. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization and believe in the value of teamwork. Also, we see that you have:
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel maintaining a positive attitude under pressure.
- Agile and quick to adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently (with limited supervision) and possesses the initiative to identify problems and propose pragmatic solutions.
- Reliable, proactive, highly driven and self-motivated working style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of hierarchy with multifunctional partners and with external stakeholders
Application:WELLA Company is collaborating with Nigel Wright Group for this recruitment. We look forward to your application with an updated CV. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process include these in your application. Please also note that the applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
- Bachelor in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or financial analysis
- Proven knowledge and experience with applicable (tax) accounting principles in relation to US/local GAAP
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with compliance and (re-)design of business processes
- Experience with SAP is preferred