KHW is a privately-owned Finnish company in the field of logistic products and solutions. The company is 90 years old and has grown over the years both organically and through acquisitions and has today around 210 employees with presence in over 25 countries with a turnover of around 110 Mio EUR in 2022.
KHW’s promise is to bring Logistics Efficiency through Innovation by working closely with its customers around the world and creating value through producing measurable benefits through improved logistics flows. This means delivering innovative solutions including returnable goods carriers, tugger trains, AGV’s and systems and services around them.
Organizationally KHW sales is structured into three Business Units that cover different customer segments.
Business Unit Postal & Logistics is the largest business unit within KHW and has focus on improving parcel operations incl. efficiency in manual handling, space efficiency in line hauls and e.g. last mile logistics. Mainland Europe is a key target region with over 225 parcel operators across the region.
KHW currently is looking for a Sales Manager Postal & Logistics to build up and secure new accounts and strengthen the relationship with existing customers.
Key KPIs for the business are EBIT margin, sales growth and customer satisfaction.
The BU Postal & Logistics organization consists of a sales force that is either fully or partly working the BU and located in regional sales offices. The sales organization is supported by a centralized Marketing and Market Services team of 6 people.
The Sales Manager has the responsibility to manage and grow revenues and activity within the region.
The Sales Manager will also have the opportunity to contribute to the BU strategy, including development of product and service offering, development of partnerships with external stakeholders, additionally:
- Build a prospect list in the region and develop new business, including management of tenders,
pricing discussions and terms & conditions.
- Promotion of the Company and its Products at the highest levels of Customer organizations and
the various worldwide collaborators.
- Implementation of the BU Business Strategy within own sales region and responsibilities.
- The Sales Manager contributes strongly to the development of the BU competitive positioning,
growth markets, business models and Strategy as a whole. Strong contribution to product
strategy, delivery and after-sales model of the BU.
- Operational sales management in close cooperation with the Head of BU and the internal
organization, incl. strong hands-on involvement and drive in sales to reach and exceed targets.
- The Sales Manager reports to the Head of BU Postal & Logistics.
- The Sales Manager will be positioned ideally in France or Germany. German and English are mandatory (French would be a big plus).
- It will be a home office set up. The role requires substantial travelling across Europe and maybe globally as required.
As the role includes developing and managing accounts in the parcel, postal and logistics sector the optimal background/current role or position would include experience in working with either parcel logistics or Manual Handling Equipment (MHE):
- Background in consulting, managing or development of parcel or postal logistics processes within
e.g. Amazon, FEDEX, UPS, DHL, or some other parcel or e-commerce operator
- Background in either sales or development of processes related to Material Handling Equipment
(MHE) – companies could include roll container, forklifts or plastic pallet companies.
- Sales of technical equipment related to parcel & postal logistics in general
- The Sales Manager role is the face towards K.Hartwall’s customers and responsible for driving both tender and development projects in close cooperation with customers and internal stakeholders.
- As the Sales Manager is managing and working within a multicultural team, he/she must be a
good communicator with people skills
- The Sales Manager will have to have good communications and negotiation skills.
Other key personal qualities:
- The Sales Manager will have a strong drive and an entrepreneur attitude with a dynamic handson approach, self-driven and systematic.
- High technical, sales and interpersonal skills, excellent networker, achievement and results
- Confident and self-assured, a team player who can build solid relationships with both colleagues
and customers at all levels.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Power Point, CRM, ERP and other relevant digital
- He/she must have minimum 3-5 years working experience in relevant roles (see above),
- Fluency in spoken and written English and German is a must, other languages (French) are seen as
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours
- An understanding of the Postal and Parcel market sector
- An understanding of AGV’s and Tugger train solutions would be a bonus
- Most importantly the person has to have genuine drive and desire to make success within K.